Chapter 6

Loki’s P.O.V.

I pulled at the new outfit that Peter gave me. It itched, and my magical cuffs showed, no matter how hard I tried to hide them. I grabbed the bag that had some strange objects in it and put it on one shoulder.

“Okay, what are the rules again?” Tony asked me again.

“Rule one, no stabbing of children. Even if they are super annoying. Rule two, no running away from Peter, even if he is super annoying. Rule three, no plotting to overthrow humanity. Rule four, no stabbing of anyone, even if they are below me.” I said proudly. I took my dagger sheath and put it in the bag. “Now it is not a problem.”

“No dagger sheath at all. Why do you just have a sheath?” Peter asked, taking said sheath away.

“It is a gift from my mother. It is enchanted to allow me to always be able to defend myself and if I reach for a dagger, one will materialize. Please, may I just bring it in case I need to protect you?” I explained.

“Fine, but it stays in the bag. Okay?” Peter said, pulling me along. He chatted with me about absolutely everything and nothing at all at the same time. I just allowed myself to enjoy the time out of the cell and in the fresh-ish air of New York. He took me to an underground train that took us to Queens, where we saw the school. Peter walked onto the grounds and made a beeline for the girl from yesterday. She looked different today, however.

“Why are you covered in duct tape?” Peter asked her, looking at her makeshift sling and splint. I looked at her closer and saw faint bruising under layers of makeup.

“I fell. Down my stairs. Didn’t want to go to the hospital.” She said carefully.

“Must have been a lot of stairs.” I said with one eyebrow raised.

“Can we not talk about this?” She asked, putting her bag over her good shoulder.

“Sure?” Peter said questioningly. We walked into the building and down a hallway with metal contraptions down both sides. We stopped at one, where Peter put his stuff, then continued walking. We stopped at another one that had been defaced. The girl looked at her door and tore off some sticky notes.

“What happened?” I asked, taking one and reading it. “What is a slut?”

“Who did this to you Aubri? Was it Flash?” Peter asked, clenching his fists.

“Wow, its the two sluts. You cheated on Flash with Penis? Ha! No one in their right mind would leave Flash for Penis. Whore.” A girl said, pushing Aubri into the wall. She cried out in pain and clutched her arm and ribs. Peter grabbed Aubri and drug her through the hallways until we were outside. My hand levitated towards my dagger sheath. Peter glared at me and I stopped.

"He started it. He was waiting and thought I cheated. This is all your fault Peter!" She screamed at him. Peter looked taken aback for a moment.

"Loki, could you give us a minute?" Peter asked me. I nodded and walked to the building. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but Peter seemed very upset. I was startled however when I saw a man walking past me toward the two of them.

"Who are you?" I asked him. He had no hair and every single part of his body was littered with scars.

"I would ask who you are, but I know you. Hi Loki, Wade Wilson, big fan." He said, holding out his hand. I raised an eyebrow at him and shook his hand.

"So, why are you here?" I asked him. He pointed at Aubri.

"She is currently under my care, which makes no sense whatsoever, and she left last night without coming back this morning. I wanted to make sure her bones healed correctly." He said.