Chapter 3

Aubri's P.O.V.
“Aubri! Would you come by and visit the tower again? There is someone I want you to meet.” Peter said, grabbing my arm. I yanked it out of his grasp at the shooting pain from my new bruises. He looked at me carefully.

“I don’t think I would be welcomed back there.” I said with a small laugh. I adjusted my sleeves when he wouldn’t stop staring at me.

“Are you okay Aubri? You are acting weird. And you would always be welcomed back. Mr. Stark just had a shipment come in and he couldn’t have random people poking around.” Peter said with a frown.

“I am fine, why would you ask? And why do you want me to go? Does Mr. Stark want me to poke around today?” I asked with a fake giggle.

“Um, no. Actually, he wanted to do a background check on you and how you knew my secret. Do you remember when Loki of Asgard invaded Earth?” Peter asked.

“It’s kinda hard to forget. I was in Queens when it happened.” I said with a wary glance at him. I had helped protect people from the chitauri and didn’t necessarily need Mr. Stark to think I was a hero for his team. I shuddered at the thought of what I really was, and turned back to Peter.

“Yeah, so, um, after school, can we talk?” Peter asked as the bell rang.

“Um, why? I have a date with Flash to study for chemistry.” I said.

“Of course you do. Well, that has to wait. I have an official injunction from the Avengers saying that you are required to show up.” He said dramatically with a British accent. He then leaned close and whispered, “That means you have to show up.”

“I know what an injunction is. I am in English class.” I replied with an eye roll.

“Okay, so tell your little boyfriend that you can’t make it. Simple.” He explained.

“It doesn’t just work like that, okay.” I whisper-yelled as we entered the chemistry classroom. Peter huffed and turned to face the front and ignored me the rest of class. After we finished, I found Flash and grabbed his hand.

“Hey, babe! You look good today. Is that a new shirt?” he complimented me.

“Yeah! You got it for me recently, saying it complimented my eyes! I think you are absolutely correct!” I gushed fakely. Flash glared at my sarcasm and gripped my hand tighter. I gave him the side-eye and walked into the library for study hall.

"I thought I told you to behave yourself. You will cause people to suspect that something is wrong, and is there something wrong, Aubri?” Flash told me in a whisper yell. I glared at him and went to a different table to work. When I got my homework done, I started drawing what I remembered from swinging above New York. I could almost feel the wind rushing through my hair and the breathtaking feeling of flying. I looked up when Peter walked in, asking something to the librarian quietly. She pointed at me and he walked over.

“Why aren’t you sitting by your boyfriend?” He asked me. I shrugged and continued drawing. “I know something is wrong. What is it Aubri?” He kept prodding at me. He looked at my sketchbook closer. He then stole it from me and started flipping through the pages.

“Peter! Stop! Those are my sketches…” I paused when he got to the drawing from yesterday. He looked at me, then at the picture closely.

“Why did you draw Loki?” He asked me, quietly. I sighed and tried to bash my head into the table. He stopped me with his hand.

“I don’t know. If you look, he is everywhere in my book. Random lines and sketches suddenly turn into his face, helmet, or scepter. It has been happening for forever though, like before Loki invaded earth. It took him invading to realize who I was drawing. And then I’ve yet to figure out why.” I said, looking down.

“Does it have anything to do with you being a vampire?” Peter asked me, looking up at me. I stared at him startled, and quickly composed myself, figuring out an escape plan. I looked at Flash who was staring at the both of us with fury written on his face.

“Peter! I do not want to break up with Flash to be with you! Leave me alone!” I shouted and walked over to Flash. Peter looked at me, confused, but decided not to follow me. I wouldn’t have either if Flash was glaring at me like that.

“Wait, Penis was trying to get with you?! With me sitting right here?” Flash said, scarily calmly. I looked at him, scared, and took a shaky breath.

“He said that you don’t love me, and he does. He told me that he would love me the way a woman is supposed to be loved. Please, you love me plenty, and I know it. He just doesn’t understand us, I guess.” I said carefully, not wanting things to escalate.

“I guess I will get to have a conversation with Penis after decathlon practice. Don’t bother waiting for me. I will be at your apartment at seven tonight, however.” He said, cracking his knuckles under the table. Peter looked at me in complete fear.

“Aubri! Save me!” Peter yelled, running away from Flash. I looked at him and shrugged. “Please Aubri! I didn’t mean to find out!”

Flash stopped. He turned around and looked at me. “What does he mean?” He asked me, stepping closer. I took a step back but realized that would only piss him off more. I took a deep breath and looked at him.

“He thinks that I like Loki, the villain. He stole my sketchbook, looked through my drawings without my permission, and told me that I was in love with Loki. I don’t know why he would say that. I have more pictures of you than I do of Loki. I literally just have the one picture!” I said angrily. “And you brought this upon yourself…” I trailed off at Iron Man landing in front of the three of us. I stared at him with wide eyes and started to back away. He held up a gauntlet in warning, and I froze.

“You,” He said, pointing at Peter, “Are late. And you,” He pointed at Flash, “Are attempting to hurt my intern. And you,” He pointed at me, “Are wanted at the Avengers tower immediately.” Flash looked at him in complete fear and started running away. I turned to do the same when Peter webbed me up.

“Come on Aubri. I warned you.” Peter said nervously. I took a deep breath and mentally prepared myself for what I was about to do. I ripped the webs off of my hands and yanked Peter down with them. Iron Man fired a repulser at me, and I dodged them using my enhanced speed. I punched Peter when he tried to grab me, sending him flying, and I only stopped when I smelled his blood.

“Oh, no. Oh, no no no no no. I’m so sorry Peter. I am so so sorry.” I said tearfully. I ran over to him and made sure he didn’t have any internal injuries. I then carefully started to use my gift, but I was interrupted by a repulser to my back. I grunted and fell into Peter’s injured ribs.

“Mr. Stark! Why would you do that? We had to gain her trust that I broke earlier today.” He yelled. I stared at him, dazed. I reached up to play with his hair with a giggle.

“Peter, you look like a cinnamon roll. Will you be my cinnamon roll? I could eat you up.” I said while giggling uncontrollably.

“What was in that blaster?” Peter asked. I giggled some more at his face.

“It’s a new technology I designed. It incapacitates the person, instead of killing them. It is a tranquilizer dart designed to take down a super soldier. The fact that she is still conscious and alive is surprising.” Tony said, taking off his helmet.

“Probibbly happened because I am special!” I said, throwing my hands up and hitting both dudes in the face. “Peter was very very good at guessing. He asked me in the libary though. That is a baad time to ask because Flash is a mean boyfriend.”

“So, I was right. I’m sorry Aubri. I shouldn’t have asked you at school.” Peter said, taking my hand in his. “Mr. Stark, I don’t think she can go to her apartment.”

“Buuut Flash will be there at seven! I don’t want to make him sad and hit me again! It is not fair that I make him wait for everything! HE WOVES ME!” I said loopily.

“He hits you!?” Peter screeched. “Mr. Stark. I will go and kill him!”

“No, Peter. She needs you now. Not later. Now. Now, help me get her to the Tower.” Tony said, putting his helmet back on. I felt them pick me up and take me somewhere, but I blacked out shortly after.