Chapter 11

Aubri's P.O.V.

Peter walked with me in silence to Wade's building. He wanted to make sure I made it safely after he swung me over. I nodded at him and opened the door. The lady behind the counter looked up at two teenagers in her apartments.

"May I help you?" She asked, adjusting her glasses.

"Yes, um, what apartment number is Wade Wilson's? He is my uncle and I'm staying with him this week." I said. She looked at me suspiciously.

"Wade doesn't have a niece. He told me he has no family. Now, who are you?" She said. Wade walked out of a room and looked at me and Peter.

"Mr. Wilson, these two teenagers are saying they are your niece. You told me you have no family. Who is she?" The lady said, standing up.

"Okay, Sarah, calm down. She's the daughter of one of my foster sisters from my time in the system. This family kept in touch but didn't adopt me. You don't understand the pain of having a family tell you they loved you and then give you up again." He said, looking pained at his feet. Sarah immediately calmed down and looked sad.

"Apologies. Here is an extra key to Mr. Wilson's apartment. He is 4b. If either of you needs anything, please call." She said, handing me a key.

"See ya, Peter. Can you make sure Loki is alright?" I asked him quietly. He nodded and left the building, waving. "Sorry to drop in on you. I am going back to Midtown. I also got a job working part-time at Stark Industries." I said to Wade.

"Don't worry. You might have to sleep on the couch for a few days because Logan is trying to convince me to go to the stupid school for mutants upstate. Wants me to join his stupid superhero group." He responded, pushing his door open. "It's not much, but it's home."

Wade's apartment was messy. And that was putting it nicely. I knew that Wade didn't really take care of his apartment. I looked at the random weapons lying around and the many, many empty rolls of duct tape. I kicked a Katana out of the way and sat on the couch. Logan walked out of the spare bedroom.

"Forgot that was the only clean room in the apartment. So, who's the chick?" He said, grabbing a beer out of the fridge.

"My guest. She won't bother you unless you bother her. She goes to high school still, so don't get any ideas." Wade said, catching the beer Logan threw at him. Logan, who was about to throw a beer at me, stopped immediately and threw a water instead.

"Okay. Do you want the spare room? I'm leaving as soon as I can convince Wade to help with one mission. We needed him because he can distract the guards around this mutant prison and survive whatever the hell they throw at him. There are around a hundred mutants in this prison from all over the world and Charles wants to save them." Logan said, dodging a dagger Wade threw at him.

"I'm good on the couch. Wade, you should help with this mission. I can hold the fort for a few days. I'm sure if you help once, they won't bother you again." I said.

"Who's house are you in? You are supposed to be on my side!" Wade complained. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I'm in the city of New York's apartment building. I'm pretty sure they own the house. Now, I have school tomorrow, and that requires sleep. Now, shoo." I grumbled, flopping over on the couch. Wade grabbed a blanket and set it on me. I settled in for my hopefully peaceful sleep.

I was wrong. There is no such thing as a peaceful sleep. Especially not with two mutants with PTSD and a half-vampire who can hear everything. Especially screams.

I sat bolt upright when I heard the screaming. I nearly freaked out when I couldn't figure out where I was. I gathered my bearings and walked over to Wade's room. He was clutching his pillow and screaming and thrashing violently. I carefully walked into the room and released a small amount of power. I focused calm energy into it and Wade slowly stopped thrashing. I waited until he was completely calm before I entered his mind.