Chapter 9

Aubri's P.O.V.

"Shitaki mushrooms." I said, staring at the people nearby. They were glaring at me and Loki. He was looking at his feet and blushing profusely.

"What's going on?" Peter asked, jogging up to us.

"Nothing..." I said, trailing off when I saw Loki. He was looking at me carefully.

"Did I miss something? You both look like something embarrassing happened. Did Flash come by?" Peter insisted, walking closer to me.

"Nothing happened Peter! God, this is the reason why I'm in this situation in the first place! You don't know when to butt out!" I huffed quietly.

"What do you mean? Is something the matter?" Loki asked, finally looking at me.

"No, nothing is the matter other than I am kicked out of school. Did you forget after chasing Deadpool?" I said, teasing lightly.

"Wait, how do you know him?" Peter asked incredulously.

"I read the newspaper. He is one of the worst anti-heroes ever." I said with an eye roll. Loki stared at me.

"I am the God of Lies." He whispered leaning close to me. "I expect a real answer later." I shivered at his voice.

"Okay, so, he is an anti-hero? Does that mean he is a threat?" Peter asked.

"No, he is not a threat. He just fights crime in a non-conventional way. It usually ends in torture, murder; but only sometimes; and them being tossed into Riker's Island." I explained. "I also met him once, to pay for his food in McDonalds."

"What about the other dude?" Peter asked.

"Never met him before. Might be one of the mutants from that one school in West New York State." I said, shrugging and walking down the sidewalk. People started pushing Loki on purpose as they walked past. He nearly fell multiple times.

"Okay, may I teleport us to the tower?" He asked as he finally fell.

"I guess. Don't forget that we still have to put the cuffs back on." Peter said. Loki grabbed Peter's backpack and pulled me into what could have been a one-armed hug.

"Moving fast, aren't we?" I teased. He flushed and stared at a brick in a wall. All of a sudden, I felt a magical shift and we were in the tower.

"Woah, that doesn't get easier." Peter said, walking around dizzily. I stared at Loki, who looked mildly dazed.

"That took a lot less energy than I expected." He said, blinking rapidly. "Teleporting three people that far should have drained me more than that just did. Teleporting is hard, especially with passengers."

"Okay?" I said. "And you are telling me this why?"

"Sorry, using magic basically makes me drunk. I am also out of practice with magic, because of my recent captivity and mind control. I basically have no filter." He rambled. I raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, I'll go find Peter so I can go to Wade's house." I said, standing up. I started to walk out the door when I all of a sudden ran into a table. Was that table always there? I shrugged it off, but couldn't manage to find my way over to the door without running into every possible thing in the room. Loki was at my side in an instant, staring into my soul.

"Are you alright?" He asked me.

"You have really pretty eyes. But why do they have blue in them?" I said, giggling.

"Don't worry about my eyes, are you alright?" Loki insisted.

"Stop worrying! I am just fine! I feel great!" I said. "Why is the world spinning?"

"Um, I don't know. It's probably because of the teleporting. I'm guessing you've never teleported?" He said, moving me so I could sit in a chair.

"Oh, I've teleported before. Well, it was a portal, but that's the same concept. This is a really comfortable chair." I rambled.

"Brother?" Thor said, walking into the room. "What is going on here? Why are your cuffs off?" He caught sight of me and Loki. "What is this?" He asked, grabbing Loki by the throat. I stared at him in shock. My loopiness cleared instantly as my magic surged to the surface.

"Thor, I will only warn you once. Put him down." I said standing up. Thor looked at me and Loki was flat-out staring.

"How?" he gasped, still having Thor's hand holding him by his neck.

"I'm going to count to three, and you will put him down." I warned.

"One." Thor didn't do anything.

"Two." Still nothing. I mentally prepared myself for what I was about to do.

"Three."

I summoned a dagger and sunk it into Thor's side. He dropped Loki in pain. He ripped out the dagger and threw it back at me. I dodged and kicked his legs out from under him. Loki just stood there and stared at me. Thor stood up and held out his hand. I dodged Mjölnir when it came crashing through the wall behind me. Thor swung it and threw it at me. I held out my hands to brace for impact and squeezed my eyes shut.

But it never came.

"Holy..." Loki murmured, amazed. I opened my eyes slowly. Mjölnir's handle was clasped firmly in my hand. Thor was staring at me amazed.

"What the hell is going on in here?" Tony asked, bursting into the room. He froze when he saw me holding Thor's hammer while Loki had a purple handmark forming on his neck. "I have decided I don't want to know."

"What happened Loki?" Peter asked, bursting in behind Tony. He stared at me. "Mr. Thor, I think your hammer is broken." He said.

"Mjölnir, how could you find her worthy? She attacked me?" Thor asked his hammer. I tested that this wasn't a joke by trying to hand the hammer to Tony. It dropped to the floor with his hand still holding the handle. I picked it back up and flipped it like a drumstick. Then, there was a flash of lightning, and armor formed over me. It was very similar to Thor's battle armor. By now, everyone had gathered and was staring at me.

"Yes, I know I'm that beautiful. Now, how do I get this off?" I said. Thor snapped out of his stupor.

"Just will the armor away while holding Mjölnir." He said, motioning with his hands what I should do. I de-summoned the armor and handed Thor back his hammer.

"I'm sorry Thor. You still shouldn't have attacked Loki for no reason. I stand by my actions." I said, making a move to leave.

"Wait, you attacked Thor?" Peter asked.

"Wait, you attacked Loki?" Tony asked.

"Why doesn't Loki have his magic cuffs?" Clint asked.

"You aren't going anywhere anytime soon." Natasha said, pulling me aside as the boys all started arguing with each other. "Why don't you come with me and explain what happened?"