Chapter 8

Loki's P.O.V.

Peter stood there in shock, staring at the dent in the lockers where my body had been moments before. He looked at me and back at the dent.

"Yes, my body went crashing into the lockers like I weighed nothing. Can we go find Aubri now?" I asked with a glare.

"What happened? I have to fix this first!" Peter said, freaking out. I rolled my eyes and waved my hand, and the lockers un-dented themselves. He glared at me and I shrugged. "LoKi, you aren't supposed to use magic!"

"Okay, fine. I don't get to come to school now, let's go find Aubri." I said, pulling him with me. I drug him through the doors and banged my wrist on the corner, trying to get the magic cuffs off. My wrists started bleeding with the force, but I ignored it.

"Loki." Peter said, pulling my arm. I shook him off and tried to magic blast the one cuff. My magic fizzled slowly and nothing happened. "LOKI! STOP!" He yelled. "I have the key, but what do you need?"

"I need to find my Kærasta. Something is wrong. I need to find her!" I said, panicking worse than I should have been because of my use of magic, and the cuffs weren't helping.

"Loki, calm down. We will find Aubri. Just calm yourself. Let me remove your cuffs." Peter said, taking my wrists and removing the cuffs. "Now, no running rampant or Mr. Stark will kill me."

"I will not betray your trust. May I hold your arm? I will teleport to her coordinates when I find them." I explained, closing my eyes and reaching out with magic. I felt her presence and grabbed Peter's arm. I teleported us to her, but I missed by a few inches. We both crashed into Aubri, who stumbled in shock.

"What the wheel?" She said, glaring at me.

"Apologies. You were moving." I responded, helping Peter up.

"Why are you following me?" She asked, walking once more.

"You threw me into the lockers. I left a dent." I stated matter of factly.

"Okay? I'm sorry your body is a rock. Rocks leave dents. It's your fault you got yeeted because you were bothering me." She said, looking down at her feet.

"Why did you leave school?" Peter asked, speaking for the first time since arriving. We both looked at him. "It's not over? Also, why were Flash's parents yelling at Mr. Choi?"

"They pulled my scholarship. I can't afford to go to that school. I was planning on applying to work somewhere and getting my G.E.D. once I could afford a laptop." She said, kicking a rock.

"Why don't you apply for the full-tuition scholarship? You could definitely get it! Or, I could ask Mr. Stark and he could pay for it! And, do you have a place to stay?" Peter said, rambling quietly.

"One, I don't want to go back if they can just kick me out like that. Two, I won't be asking Tony Stark for money. If you don't like me anymore, then I'll be in this situation again. Three, yes, I do have a place to stay." She said. I looked at her closely.

"Is it with Wade?" I asked. Peter looked at me. "The man from earlier."

"Yeah, he is allowing me to stay in his spare room." Aubri said. Peter looked up when he heard tires squealing and yanked Aubri out of the way as a motorcycle drove on the sidewalk.

"What the heck? Loki, stay here with Aubri. I'm going to check that out." He said, summoning his spider suit. He looked at us with a stern look and swung away. Another car drove past, this time on the road, but seemed to be chasing the man on the motorcycle. A flash of red was what I saw in the driver's seat.

"Come on, not today!" Aubri groaned, and she started sprinting down the sidewalk, following the car.

"Aubri! Where are you going? I'm supposed to stay with you!" I said, following her. People started screaming when they saw me chasing a girl chasing a car chasing a man on a motorcycle who was also being chased by Spider-man. As the car was turning, Aubri jumped through the open passenger window and took the steering wheel. I teleported myself into the backseat of the car.

"I do not care! He told Charles where I was. I don't want to join their superhero crew! They are so uptight about everything! I just wanted to punch him till he forgot!" The masked man said.

"We can't go chasing people onto sidewalks and endangering people in the biggest city in America! People are noticing." Aubri said, changing seats with the man. She turned right and continued pursuing the motorcycle man. "We are going to talk this out." She explained, seeing me in the back. She drove faster and cut the man off. He drove straight into the side of the car.

"What the hell?" He asked as Spider-man webbed him up.

"Sir, you do realize that you almost killed more than ten people back there?" Peter yelled as he landed on the ground.

"Sorry, Spider-man. I was trying to cut him off so these two can talk." Aubri said, stepping out of the car. Sirens were wailing in the distance as cops finally started to arrive. People had their phones out and were recording the encounter.

"Long way from Canada, Logan." The red-masked man said, playing with a ninja star. He threw it and cut through the webs keeping the other man in place. He grabbed the other man and teleported away. I stared at Aubri in shock. She just glared at the spot where the men once were.

"We should probably get going." I said, pulling Aubri away from the crowd starting to form. People were yelling insults at me and throwing stuff. I covered Aubri from the items being thrown and watched Peter swing away.

"You killed my sister! I have half a mind to kill you!" A man yelled.

"How dare you show up here! You are a goddamn villain! The Avengers will defeat you and your freak of a girlfriend!" Another woman was screaming.

"Watch your six." Aubri whispered, her eyes blank and unfocused. I looked at her questioningly, but a black stick hit my face before I could ask anything.

"That was for the stubbed toe I suffered when you blew up some buildings. I've got much more in mind for what I can do for the police officers you killed." A police officer said, hitting me with his stick again. His stick vanished before he could hit me a third time. Aubri glared at him dangerously.

"Police brutality is illegal. You are a good man. Don't become what you are accusing Loki of because you are angry with Loki." She said.

"He is resisting arrest. I now can use force to get him in handcuffs." The police officer said stupidly. Her glare got scarier and he faltered.

"You haven't even arrested us. Now, leave before you go where your stick is." She growled quietly. My arm hairs stood on end with fear. The police officer backed away with his hands in the air in surrender. She turned on her heel and strutted away, dragging me with her.

"What was that?" I asked her incredulously.

"What was what?" She said.

"You made the stick thingy disappear! You have magic! You ran as fast as I do! This is amazing! I can't wait to tell Thor that my Kærasta is super powerful!" I said excitedly. In my excitement, I hadn't even realized that she had stopped.

"What's a Kærasta?" Aubri asked, staring into my soul. I froze when I realized what I had said.

"Um, itmeanssomethingsuperpersonalthatI'mnotwantingtotellyou. Itmeanssoulmate." I said super fast.

"Shitaki mushrooms."