The Hidden Village

Cora, Alain, Mairin and their Pokémon are walking through the Vermillion Forest, heading towards Vermillion City where Cora's next gym badge awaits.

"How far are we from a Pokémon center, Cora?" Mairin asked.

Cora took out her phone and fiddled with the apps. Then a map popped up with a red dot, which indicated where they are.

"Here we are." Cora said.

Alain looked over her shoulder, "We're not far from a Pokémon Center." He said.

"Really!" Mairin perked up.

"Yup. We'll get going in a few minutes." Cora assured her.

Then Kilala's ears perked up. Cora noticed this gesture, "What is it, Kilala?" She asked.

Kilala ran towards the bushes and the three trainers followed after her. When they went past the bushes, they were surprised at what they saw. It was a Chikorita who seemed to be in pain.

"A Chikorita? What's one doing here in Kanto?" Cora questioned as she took out her Rotom phone:

[Chikorita, the Leaf Pokémon. Chikorita emit pleasant aromas from the leaves on their heads and they love to sunbathe.]

Kilala was standing next to Chikorita who was explaining that her trainers can help her. Chikorita glanced at Kilala and then Cora and back to Kilala. The two nodded and Chikorita nodded back. Kilala gestured to Cora to come over. Cora walked over to Chikorita and knelt down beside her. She examined the rash on her left back leg.

"Don't worry, it's only a small rash. We'll make it better in no time." Cora assured Chikorita as she took out a Super Potion, "Now this might sting a bit, okay? So try to stay still."

Chikorita nodded. Cora sprayed the rash and Chikorita whimpered.

"It's okay, the pain should go away soon." Cora assured her as she put a bandage around Chikorita's leg.

Soon enough, the pain was soon gone. Chikorita blinked when she realized that her pain was gone. Then she smiled and turned to Cora.

"Chiko! (Thank you!)" Chikorita thanked Cora.

Cora smiled, "You're welcome." She said.

"Chiko? (Did you just understand me?)" Chikorita asked, surprised.

"Yes, I've been able to understand Pokémon for as long as I can remember." Cora replied.

"Chikorita! (Cool!)" Chikorita beamed, "Chiko? (Can I come with you?)"

"You want to come with me?" Cora blinked.

Chikorita nodded, "Chiko!" She smiled and then blinked, "Chiko, chiko chikorita chiko. (Before you capture me, I want to say goodbye to someone first.)"

Cora smiled, "Sure, we'll let you say goodbye." She promised.

Cora carefully picked up Chikorita and turned to Alain and Mairin, "Ready to go?"

Alain and Mairin nodded, "Yeah."

And so, Chikorita led them to the person she wishes to say goodbye to.

==============================

Then they soon arrived at where the person lives which was a small wooden cabin where a blue haired woman was tending to some Pokémon. Cora recognized this place as the Hidden Village and the blue haired woman as Melanie.

"Is this the place?" Cora asked.

Chikorita nodded, "Chiko!"

Melanie turned to the sound of Chikorita.