The Mysterious Egg Hatches

The gang had decided to stay at the Pokémon Center for the week. They could use a break since the Farfetch'd incident. So, Cora began training her Pokémon in the meantime. On the first day of training, Houdini (Kadabra) evolved into Alakazam and Arnav( Horsea) into Seadra. Apparently the two been training with the other Pokémon before they were added to Cora's team. After the end of the week, Cora got her Pokémon healed and let them have some rest.

===============================

Today was the day when Mairin's egg would hatch. They had just left the Pokémon E.R. after they were told that the egg is very healthy and will hatch soon.

So the gang was sitting outside relaxing with their Pokémon.

Mairin was eagerly wiping down her egg with a smile, "I can't wait to see what kind of Pokémon will hatch from this egg."

"What kind of Pokémon are you hoping will hatch?" Brock asked.

"I hope it's a beautiful water Pokémon!" Misty said with stars in her eyes.

"No surprise there." Ash said, teasingly.

"Ash Ketchum? Cora?" Nurse Harper Joy called out.

"Yes, I'm Ash." Ash said walking over to the counter.

"You have a call from Prof. Oak of Pallet Town." Nurse Harper Joy told her.

"Professor Oak?" Cora blinked.

"Esp? (Oak?)" Kilala tilted her head.

Going over to the phones she saw Prof. Oak's face already on the screen waiting patiently for her, "[Ah, Ash and Cora, hello there.]" He greeted.

The professor suddenly was pushed down by Ash's Muk, "Will you behave?!" he asked.

Ash chuckled, "I see my Muk is being taken care of." Muk was looking at Ash in delight as the professor tried to pull it away from him.

"Hello Professor Oak, why are you calling us all of a sudden?" Ash wondered.

"[Oh yes!]" the professor said and looked at the two trainers from above Muk, "[Have you heard about the new Pokédex upgrade?]"

"Uh, no." Ash shook his head.

"[Well, now you can get details on all the latest Pokémon discoveries.]" the professor said.

"Wow, how can I get it?!" Ash asked with a smile.

The professor pointed down, "[Just put your Pokédex into that slot, and I'll do it for you.]"

Ash placed his Pokédex into the slot.

"[By the way, you haven't called me in a while, Cora and I just wanted to see how you're doing.]" Oak explained.

"Sorry that I haven't Professor." Cora apologized.

"[It's alright my dear. There is one thing I wish to ask though: How in the world did you manage to acquire an Aerodactyl?! I must say when it first came here, I was quite surprised and very impressed with the fact you managed to catch it!]" Oak asked her.

"It's a long story." Cora said.

"[I've got all day, Cora.]" Oak assured her eagerly.

Cora explained how they went to Grampa Canyon to look for fossils. She found two fossils Sail fossils that belong to Amaura, Mairin had found a Root fossil that belong to Lileep, and Alain had found a Jaw fossil that belonged to Tyrunt. After that she, Kilala, and Kenji got stuck underground for a little while along with three members of Team Rocket who made the cave collapse on them in the first place. Then they had a run in with Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, and Kabutops and were forced to battle them. That's when Aerodactyl appeared forcing them to break out into a run, but she ended up getting captured by the prehistoric Pokémon only escaping its grasp thanks to Nuri. Then she battled against Aerodactyl defeating the flying type and capturing it.