Showdown at the Po-ké Coral

After winning the Earth badge at the Viridian City gym, the gang had finally arrived in Pallet Town. Cora rode Nuri while Alain and Mairin rode Charizard.

They landed right in front of the steps that led to Prof. Oak's Lab.

"Here we are, Prof. Oak's lab." Cora said.

"This was the start of your journey, right?" Mairin asked.

Cora nodded, "Yup."

The three walk up the stairs and arrived at the door. Cora knocked on the door and Prof. Oak opened the door.

"Ah, Cora, Alain, Mairin, it's good to see you three. Come in, come in." Prof. Oak greeted.

The three entered the lab. Even though Cora had spent a few years here when she was Prof. Oak's assistant, she was always fascinated with everything in it. Soon enough, they arrived in Prof. Oak's living room. Also, Gary Oak sat there, to no one surprise, sipping tea on the couch.

"Hey Gary." Cora greeted.

"Oh hey Cora, what are you doing here?" Gary asked.

"Here for information about Indigo Plateau." Cora replied.

"So am I." Gary said.

"Well Ash will be arriving soon I believe. Have some tea if you will." Prof. Oak offered.

"Thank you." Cora, Alain and Mairin thanked him.

==========================

A few minutes later, Ash and his friends finally showed up at Prof. Oak's lab. When Ash entered, Gary looked toward them and smirked as Ash looked at him in annoyance.

"Please don't fight you two." Cora pleaded.

Then Ash's Krabby walked closer with a tray of drinks.

"Hey Ash, isn't this your Krabby?" Misty asked.

 "It is! How are you doing Krabby? Long time no see," Ash said with a smile and his Pokémon nodded as it answered.

"Before I forget, I have something to speak about with Cora, Ash and Gary." Prof. Oak announced. Cora, Ash and Gary looked at him in confusion.

Gary and the gang sat down on the living room's couches while Prof. Oak stayed standing up.

"Gary, Cora and Ash," he said, "as you know that it has nearly been a whole year that you three started your journey. And I must say you two boys have made Pallet Town proud and have also become Pallet Town's two top trainers. Cora, you have made a top trainer of Viridian City."

"Wow, thanks Grandpa." Gary said.

"Thanks a lot, Prof. Oak," Cora thanked him and then remembered something, "Hang on a minute, what about the other two trainers that left on the same day as Gary, Ash and I?"

"Ah well Cora," Prof. Oak said, "those two are still travelling, but they will not be joining you at the Indigo League. The truth is their battling skills don't compare to you three, so they haven't exactly succeeded as trainers."

"That's too bad," Ash said. 

Gary shrugged, "They just wimped out."

"Now I wish to check some things out with you three," Prof. Oak had a computer in his living room and switched it on. "First I want your Pokédex's." he said to Gary, Cora and Ash.

Cora, Ash and Gary handed them over. Then Gary noticed that Cora's was a smartphone.

"Now according to the research, Cora and Ash have seen over one hundred different Pokémon, while Gary has seen only sixty Pokémon." Prof. Oak informed.