Cora Joy vs. The Hotheaded Quiz Master

Blaine and Cora stood on the other side of each other while the others were up in the stands and watched. Ash would go after Cora, much to his disappointment.

"This will be a three-on-three, only the challenger is allowed to substitute. Do you agree to these terms?" Blaine announced.

Cora nodded, "I do."

Blaine pulled out a Pokéball, "Fine. I have already selected my first Pokémon." He threw it, "Ninetales, go!"

Ninetales is a fox-like, quadruped Pokémon covered in thick, luxurious golden-white fur. It had a small mane of thicker fur around its neck and a long, fluffy crest on top its head. It had slender legs with three-toed paws and nine, long tails with pale orange tips. It had red eyes, pointed ears, and a triangular black nose.

Cora scanned the Pokémon.

[Ninetales, the Fox Pokémon. The evolved form of Vulpix. It has nine tails and a shining golden fleece. Ninetales are said to live very long lives.]

"Daisho, I choose you!" Cora sent out Daisho.

"Dewott! (Let's do this!)" Daisho the Dewott declared.

"Ninetales, use Fire Spin!" Blaine started things off first.

Ninetales opened its mouth and released a stream of spinning red-orange flame spiraling around it at Daisho.

"Jump, Daisho!" Cora told him.

Daisho jumped high in the air to avoid the Fire Spin attack, "Now, Hydro Pump!"

Daisho released a powerful stream of water from his mouth at Ninetales, making it a direct hit as Ninetales skidded backwards.

"Ninetales, use Flamethrower!" Ninetales spewed fire from its mouth at Daisho.

"Use Water Gun!" Daisho spewed water from his mouth at the Flamethrower, causing both attacks to collide and create steam that covered the field. Cora used that opportunity to attack, "Use Water Pulse!"

Daisho holds out both of his arms in the shape of a 'T' and opens his mouth. A light blue orb of energy appears in front of Daisho's mouth, and he fires it at Ninetales. When the orb hits Ninetales, it expands and surrounds Ninetales in a large orb of water. The orb then floats into the air and the water then starts to swirl around from all sides, causing the water to explode.

"Now Tackle!" Daisho followed up with a Tackle, slamming into Ninetales, "Finish off with another Hydro Pump!"

Daisho fired off another Hydro Pump at Ninetales, sending it flying backwards and into unconsciousness.

Blaine called it, "Ninetales is unable to battle! Daisho wins!"

"Great job, Daisho!" Cora smiled.

Daisho turned to her with a smile and gave a peace sign.

"Yes!" Mairin and Misty cheered.

"Espe! (Go Cora!)" Kilala cheered.

"Wow, what a strong water Pokémon." Ash commented.

Blaine brought another Pokéball, "Rhydon, come!" Out came a Rhydon.

"Rhydon! (A challenger!)" Rhydon said.

Rhydon is a large, gray, bipedal Pokémon with features of both dinosaurs and rhinoceroses. It has a cream-colored, drill- like horn on its snout. There are other protrusions on the head as well, including a spike curving forward from the middle of its head, two triangular, points resembling ears to the sides, a wide, wavy crest under the ears, and spiky ridges on its cheeks. It has red eyes and two fangs protruding from its upper jaw. It has a cream-colored stomach and a row of spikes down its back. Rhydon has a long tail with skinny, black stripes.