Cora Joy vs. The Master of Psychic Pokémon

The group had spent a relaxing day at the beach. Luckily, they didn't run into any trouble. Team Rocket trouble to be most precise. They also did some Pokémon training while they were at the beach. They were also lucky to board a ferry before it left. Cora had a feeling that Ash and the others were still at the port. Somehow, the festival of the Ghost of Maiden's Peak hadn't started yet when they arrived at the port. But the gang still continued on to Saffron City. Cora also evolved her three Eevee's into Jolteon (Lyn), Flareon (Egan), and Vaporeon (Kaori).

============================

The gang had soon arrived at Saffron City without any trouble. When they arrived, they decided to rest at the Pokémon Center.

"From what I've heard about Sabrina, she's a tough opponent." Cora said.

"So who are you going to battle with?" Alain asked.

"Kilala wants to give it a go." Cora replied.

"So it would be a Psychic versus Psychic battle." Mairin commented.

"Yup. But I have faith in Kilala." Cora stated.

Cora had a hunch that they might encounter Sabrina's father. The guy really wanted his daughter back, but Sabrina's emotions were sealed away when she lost control of her psychic powers. Cora promised herself that she would bring Sabrina back to her normal self.

==========================

After spending the night in the Pokémon center, the gang walked over to Saffron Gym, an unusual dome-shaped building.

"Wow, this gym feels...spooky." Mairin commented, nervously.

"Chespin." Chespie agreed.

"Yeah." Cora agreed as well, "But that's not going to stop me from getting my fourth badge."

They were about to open the gym's door, when a dark gray bearded man, in a dark green jogging outfit and with a dark green cap, interrupted them.

"Are you going to battle Sabrina?" The man asked as he stared at Cora, like he was studying her.

Cora recognized him as Sabrina's father.

"Yes, I'm battling Sabrina," Cora replied. "Is that a problem?"

"If I were you," The man warned, "I'd go to another gym. Sabrina will not go easy on newbie trainers like you. So leave now and go to another gym."

Cora glared; she wanted to fight Sabrina. She stared at the old man straight in the eye.

"Listen here old man," she demanded, "I didn't come to Saffron Gym just to have you tell me to leave. I'm battling Sabrina, got that?"

Cora walked into the gym in a huff and Alain, Mairin and the Pokémon followed her.

========================

When the gang opened the door, it was completely empty!

Mairin looked around confused, "Where is everybody?"

"There should be somebody here," Cora said, continuing to walk ahead and then stopping at a door, "And I think I just found them."

The others walk up to the door and look inside, finding several people either lifting spoons or bending them without even having to touch them. And the rest were trying to guess what shape was on cards, without looking.

"What are they all doing?" Mairin asked.

"Chesp. (It looks cool.)" Chespie commented.

"Espeon. (Indeed.)" Kilala agreed.