Return

Return

Flashback – Apokolips

3rd P.O.V

Grail and Grayven stood a short distance behind their father, who was staring into the distance at the fiery pits of the planet Apokolips.

Grayven: Father ...

He tried to address his father.

Lord of Darkness turned and looked at his two children with his red eyes, folding his hands behind his back.

Darkseid: The weapon has done its job; with the death of the "supposed god" the league is weakened and their morale even more so. To prepare the Earth for my arrival, you two will lead the vanguard of the armada and capture the two Kryptonians. From their loss, the League's ability to resist will be almost non-existent.

Grail: Yes father, we will do as you command.

Darkseid: You must since failure is not an option, for both of you.

His eyes reddened heavily, highlighting his possible disappointment if they failed and indicating what it would mean for them.

Finishing he turned his back on them again and the two then left to do their father's bidding.

Metropolis – present 

Batwing soared through the sky above the City of Tomorrow, which was filled with clouds of parademons.

Its two machine guns and missiles had already shot down a few groups, and they kept coming.

Batman: Batman to the League, we need to start focusing on that big warship, it's the source of the invasion.

Green Lantern: I agree with that.

Said the guardian of sector 2814 as he created a cannon with his ring and fired at the three parademons that went towards him while he blasted fourth one with the club he made after.

WW nearby swung her sword in turn slashing through the two she was fighting and Starfire firing her energy blasts that killed the others charging on them.

Wonder Woman: First we need to take out the threat of the Darkseid children, without them their forces don't stand a chance.

She said into the comms while the fight echoed around her.

Flash ran past her at super speed and destroyed twelve enemies in succession.

Farther away from them, others led by Aquaman fought, while the most crucial part of the battle took place in an isolated area near the warship, where a pair of Kryptonians and an Asgardian were fighting against the leaders of the invasion.

Angela blocked another strike with her sword that Grail was about to deliver, Odin's daughter countered with a slash and then kicked her back.

The angry daughter of Darkseid then screamed in frustration and with a quick succession of swings, disarmed her opponent and used her blade to stab her.

Supergirl rushed towards her at super speed to protect her, but Grail took advantage of her carelessness and knocked her to the ground with a roundhouse to the head and a punch to the stomach.

Superboy: Kara!

He screamed and his moment of recklessness was taken advantage of by Grayven grabbing him by the neck and slamming him into the ground a few times after which he grabbed him by the neck and tossed him to the two of them.

Green Arrow: Oh man ...that doesn't look good.

He voiced his concern as he saw this while shooting an arrow at another parademon.