God Butcher - Echoes of the Dead

The trio of heroes-Batman, Red Robin, and Magni God of Strength continued down the dark corridor of the majestic temple on Mount Meru, home of the Hindu pantheon.

They followed another lead to find and bring home Mary Bromfield aka Mary Marvel while Red Hood and Batgirl were in South America, following another lead.

Red Robin: I didn't expect the gauntlet to lead us here of all places. What do the Hindu gods have to do with her disappearance?

He voiced his question loudly.

Magni: We don't know this yet, but I have a feeling we will find out soon. We should be ready for anything.

Red Robin: Why, you don't think...?

He asked and he didn't even have to finish and got a prompt reply.

Magni: We are technically uninvited, what you would do if someone entered your house without your leave?

He asked him.

Red Robin: Well, I wouldn't be thrilled.

While the two were talking, Gotham's Dark Knight was already scanning every inch of the corridor they were passing through. Watching every twist and turn and every detail that would be helpful in their search for an escape route should the need arise.

But after they had passed a few meters, he saw a spot on the ground through the night vision built into his mask, which he approached and illuminated with a UV light.

Batman: Blood ... but there is also something more, an unidentified organic substance judging by the scan, but I can't find out more for now.

He used his wrist computer linked to the Batcave to scan the sample he obtained.

Batman: It's not hers but it bears resemblance to Cassie's or Diana's blood samples.

Magni: Still, we must move on, something's not right here.

Then they were interrupted by a scream of pain, Asgardian wasted no time rushing off, trailing the cry as both followed him.

Red Robin: That's not good.

Tim remarked following after Bruce in the direction of their friend.

(Scene is similar to what was in the comics, simply classic Gorr artwork) 

When they finally found the source of the cries, they reached a large hall with massive pillars, there two dead carcasses lay on the floor, and three more were hanging from the ceiling, still dripping with blood.

Red Robin: Someone's been busy... 

When they begin to look around, they heard the groans of pain and followed them to the Hindu deity Ganesh, leaning against a pillar, holding his bloodied wounds.