Forging the Future

"Bringing shards to together is the quickest solution, but I can't guarantee if the weapon's spirit will be free from its corrupting mark." Said the Dwarf King Eitri while looking over the destroyed Stormbreaker with Magni and Thor.

"And if we wanted a weapon to be free completely?" Asked Thunder-god.

"While I am unsure what was done to Tempest itself, forging it anew should be enough to remove any lingering presence that still remains." Replied Eitri.

"No. It cannot happen again." Remarked Magni, looking at the same ring he and Kara now wore. Now he wasn't fighting just for his home or friends, but also for the future. "We must forge something new, something worthy of the future."

"While more lengthy solution its better." Eitri voiced, supporting young Asgardian decision while ordering pair of dwarves to carry shards into forging room.

"Last thing though ... if it is no bother can I be present at forging or help during the process?" Asked Magni, hoping that dwarves would not mind.

"While it is unusual I see no problem in it, though you will have to listen to our every word." Dwarf king answered and left into the forging room to.

"Are you sure son?" Asked Thor. "Dwarves are known for their craft, after all Mjolnir is testament to it."

"I know father, but I need more than just a weapon. It needs to be extension of me. Like Grandfather used to say, tool to destroy or build."

XXXX

Forging room consisted of a furnace of gigantic proportions whose fires were kept hot by raging hells of lava that flew underneath Nidavellir, making it the best suited for making the weapons needed by Asgard. Normally it would be crowded by dozens of dwarves, but now it was just Magni, Eitri, Thor and two other dwarves. They were Brok and Sindri sons of Ivaldi. They were chosen to oversee the forging
of the Magni's future weapon.

"So who is this little turd?" Remarked crassly blue skinned dwarf named Brok while looking at Magni.

"That is our prince's son." Replied Eitri, not amused by his relative behaviour.

"I didn't know he had one ... since when?" Brok continued.

"Brother, they had come for the forging have they not?" Other one asked, more polite one. He wore simple golden plate of armour.

"We did Sindri." Answered Thor.

"Then I am happy to meet you. I am Sindri and that is my brother Brok."

"I am Magni Thorson." He tried to shake hands with Sindri, but the dwarf pulled his hand awkwardly away.

"No offence, but I don't do this kind of thing. Still it makes us happy to be of help in the forging of your new weapon."

"Why you are even here?" Asked Brok, breaking his momentary silence.

"My son wished to be present and if it is no trouble even help in the forging." Told them Thunder God.

"He doubts our skill?" Remarked angrily Brok, directing his gaze upon Magni.

"I don't, but I want this weapon to be special. I want it more to be just an extension of my arm ... I want it to be ..."

"To imbued it ... something what would scribe do when recording the history of his life, his experiences, his past and passions." Sindri finished, knowing what the young Asgardian meant.

"What a hogwash." Barked Brok and bade Magni to follow.

While the process itself fora outside viewer could seem simple it was far from that. First step was to know the form the weapon was meant to take. Conversation itself about its form and shape took quite a time and arguing. There were ideas about the sword or spear, hammer and axe. Though finally upon his past experiences, fighting style and advice from his father he chose a hammer. But it was never meant to be a next Mjolnir. This was meant to look more traditional and along with few ideas on its shape and handle they finally prepared form for its forging stage.

XXXX

Fires of Nidavellir burned hot, melting the cold touched casks of Uru into the molten fiery soup. Its reach then fell into the mold of the new hammer. Then Brok and Sindri started implanting the sacred runes while being assisted by Magni's careful hands. During this tiring process, weapon itself begin to take shape into its final form while attaining its imbue from the wielder himself. After its attachment, Brok and Sindri laid a weapon on table covered with thick cloth containing dwarf runes.

Hammer was different from what his father owned

Hammer was different from what his father owned. Its head was more elongated and larger, showered with runes and images. It had three gems embedded in its face while other three lay in handle itself. Every time Magni recalled his weapon, these stones glowed golden like the lightning he commanded. Symbolising his connection and bond to his lover and future wife Kara Zor - El.

Weapon itself wasn't the only thing that was new. For the commitment he put into making this new weapon, change his attire as well. From the traditional look the Asgardians like Thor or Odin had. He sported a new one, more profound and unique to his personality while mythological and more rooted in oldest traditions.