Chapter 11 [Race Starts]

Seek POV:

The wind was blowing. Not too harsh, not too mild. It was making the trees surrounding us move forward and back softly and was making my clothes move up and down mildly. The leaves were falling down second by second. I always loved this weather. It made me feel satisfied. But at the same time, it made me remember the unfortunate past I had. When the wind was blowing like this and the leaves on the trees were rubbing against each other, they made a great combination of sound. Nature was a playlist itself and the weather events were the songs. 

I watched Shadow as he flew around the trees, he seemed to struggle a bit while trying to not get hit by the trees that are moving completely unpredictable. I was still feeling a little hatred towards him. He had always bullied me almost ever since I became "Seek". But he seemed to really regret everything and feel guilt now. Of course I can't be sure about anything since this man just suddenly came up to me and apologised. But it is what it is.

Window was not here with us, he left after saying he was going to the cafeteria to get some things to eat together. I was also suspicious about him, like what if he poisons the food?

But they were the only ones that I had right now, and if I was going to question every move they did and every word they said, then I was better off leaving this place to go back to my room and start hurting the shit out of myself again.

This place I was hiding at was Shadow and Window's secret hangout, or at least that's what they said. They also said they made this place all by themselves, though this place was rather good than I thought it would be the first second they mentioned here. 

It all made sense now, they usually didn't hang out with us before, so here was probably where they've been staying at. This was a comfy place though, I also wouldn't want to leave if I was them. And I probably wasn't going to leave for a long time too. 

But I had to go back at some point.

I can't hide myself from the world, I have a job of killing those pesky humans to protect the hotel from their messes. And I have Screech... I feel terrible for leaving without saying a single word to him. He must've been even worried than Figure right now. Why the heck did I even agree to Shadow and Window's offer? Maybe I should've stayed back at my room that night. But I also got worried considering the possibility that they may start bullying me more because I rejected their offer, even if they were trying to be nice for the first time.

How stupid of me, I'm literally almost five times stronger than them. What could've they possibly do to me? One is literally just a shadow that has nothing better to do in life than hang out around corners all day, and the other one is literally just a short man with a stupid smily face placed on the fog covering his "head" who looks like he never went through puberty. But still, I've got to be forgiving for once and give them a chance.

"Hey, Shadow." I called him out in a whispering tone. He almost hit a tree and backed away just in time, later then he landed on the ground softly and tilted his head. 

"What's up?"

"I'm sure wanting a lot, but I'm worried. Can you go see Screech for me? I didn't get to say anything to him before leaving." I sighed and looked away. "He probably feels betrayed." Shadow waited a little, then responded with his low voice. 

"Huh, sure. But why don't you go see him yourself? You can probably sink into the ground and rose back up when you get in his room, that way nobody would see you. Or are you feeling way too down to the point you can't control your powers anymore. Heh?" Shadow laughed. "You sure are a weak one if that's the case."

I set my eye on him and grumbled quietly. "Watch your words. I don't feel motivated to do anything right now, but I sure do have enough energy to kill you right here, right now, and dig you a grave then bury you inside it."