THREE : A CHRISTMAS NIGHTMARE

A couple of days later the four of us arrived at Anmer Hall & the following day, Harry and Meghan finally arrived to join us. Immediately after we greeted them - the way they wanted to be welcomed, with hugs and kisses, not the way we felt most comfortable as Brits - the children quickly ran towards their uncle Harry to say hi, as they hadn't seen him in a while. He seemed happy to see them again but his fiancée didn't seem pleased with the situation, she literally grabbed him by the hand like a baby and forced him to introduce her to them.. when he did, Charlotte went towards Meghan and innocently asked if she's just like her aunt Pippa, to which Meghan replied : "even better" - while she looked at Catherine, obviously meaning to tease her but my wife didn't give her any reaction.

That little incident at the door, was the first of many moments where Meghan was clearly trying to make my wife feel less, just so she can feel powerful. At dinner that evening, Catherine cooked everything herself - even though she was around 5 months pregnant, she still wanted to put in the effort. But Meghan of course did not appreciate it, at first she expressed her surprise at how we don't have private chefs and how it was Catherine herself who cooked.. she made the comment sound like she was impressed by how modest we are, but in reality, she was looking down on us for how we had the chance to have food professionally prepared for her but we chose not to give her that luxury. Then while we ate, she suddenly rushed to the bathroom & when she came back she told Harry that "it must have been from yesterday's takeaway" - but it was clear as day that she was trying to act sick from the food, either because she didn't like it or because she wanted to mimic that pregnant woman at the other side of the table.

We let that scene she made pass because it was the holidays and we didn't want to ruin it for anyone, but Meghan just kept getting more delusional - on Christmas Eve when we were all gathered at Sandringham estate with the family, it came to the time when we exchange gifts at night. Of course she had to express her utter shock at how we exchange presents on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas morning, when my grandmother explained that it was because of our German heritage, she made a comment about how it's a silly tradition and how devastating it must be that we don't get to enjoy the holidays like the rest of the world - she then made a joke about how Santa wouldn't have even arrived at this time, which only led to confusion for the kids.. how lovely of her to ruin Christmas magic for little children !

I don't want to get into the following day too much, but of course Meghan had to be all over Harry during the Christmas walk - and while it's none of my business, it backfired on me and my wife, the media couldn't get enough of comparisons between the two of us, I was criticized for not being affectionate enough towards my wife without any regard to our privacy or our personality and how we like to keep those things to ourselves. This was the beginning of Catherine and I being labeled as "the couple who isn't in love" - but this is a story for another time, what I've written today is about how a stranger to us, ruined our precious time together as a family - and it makes me angry that later on, we were the ones to blame for "ruining her Christmas by being unwelcoming" - while in reality, it all was the other way around !

Anyways.. as much as I was frustrated back then, I wish I knew that this was only the beginning of all anger, I would have definitely saved my energy for what was to come instead of wasting it on what is now in hindsight, the silliest of her actions.