Chapter 4: "Power plays and heartbreak"

MONDAY MORNING — — —

Marlton Police Department

9:00 AM

"I need patrols everywhere in a 30 mile radius of the town! Is that clear?" Extremely frazzled, Detective Milano stands over her desk and commands her police team. "We are gonna catch Karen Carter and bring her rich ass down..." Detective Milano continues sternly, as her team begins to leave.

DuPoint Realty - Conference Room

1:00 PM

Cierra and Chelsea both strut into the DuPoint Realty Conference Room to find a relaxed Craig awaiting them with folders filled with paperwork. "Hello, my beautiful daughters." He greets them. "Hey, dad." Chelsea replies. "What did you call this meeting for?" Cierra responds and gets straight to the point.

"Take a seat, get comfortable!" He continues, clearly trying to sway them. "Hey, Cindy! Can we get those mojitos now?" Craig shouts to a staff member. "Coming right up, Mr. DuPoint!" They yell back from down the hall. "I ordered us some mojitos, I hope you girls are in a mojito mood!" He jokes. Chelsea chuckles.

"Dad, what do you really want?! Because, if it's father daughter bonding time, I don't think this would be the best place..." Cierra expresses. "Okay, fine... I have a proposal for the two of you." Craig confesses, as he slides them the proposal. Cierra let's out a scoff, as she quickly analyzes it. "This sounds nice, but unfortunately, I'm not interested." Cierra makes her decision.

"Cierra, come on! That's your dream position plus an eighty percent increase in your salary. You can't beat that!" Craig tries to reason. Tickled, Cierra and Chelsea look to each other with sarcastic grins, as they tease Craig...

Carter Law - Lobby Area