Chapter 10: "Kill or be killed"

WEDNESDAY MORNING — — —

4589 Clark Street, Marlton, CT

9:23 AM

While Chelsea is away at her recovery program, Cierra is still in town exploring building alternatives for their new joint venture. A luxurious building's parking lot is where Cierra pulls in. She is immediately hailed by the realtor in charge of the building as soon as she steps out of her car.

"Good morning, Ms. DuPoint! We're so excited to do this walkthrough of this gorgeous office space with you today." He tells her. She smiles and replies. "Not as excited as I am about purchasing it!" She jokes. The two then begin their walkthrough of the building, as they enter through the entrance...

Fielder General - Break Room

9:40 AM

Amyra stumbles into the break room to find her parents and brother seated at the table. "You guys wanted to see me?" Amyra asks them. "Hey, honey. Come have a sit." Amara tells her. "Okay, what's this all about? Miro? Father?" Amyra continues, as she takes a seat at the table. "I have no idea." Ramiro goes. "We're about to tell you two." Rafael announces. "I've been diagnosed with breast cancer. It's already spread to other parts of my body, and the doctors say I don't have much time left." Amara explains.

She contains her emotions to stay strong in front of her children. The room falls very silent, as Ramiro and Amyra lock eyes. "Well?" Rafael says. "We already knew, mother. Amyra overheard you telling father and she told me." Ramiro confesses. "I'm so sorry, mother. I didn't know what to do." Amyra hurriedly admits. Both Rafael and Amara are shocked yet relived. "It's okay, sweetheart. We're all in this together." Rafael tells her. "I just want us to spend as much time together as we can before...before I'm gone." Amara mutters.

"We'll be here for you, mother. Whatever you need, we'll do it." Ramiro tells her, fighting back tears. "And we'll fight this with you. Every step of the way!" Amyra declares. Amara's heart melts, as she's overwhelmed by the love and support from her family. "Thank you, my darlings. Your support means everything to me. And I have one more request." Amara asserted. "Of course! Anything, my love. What is it?" Rafael asks her. "I want to renew our vows. To reaffirm our love and commitment to each other before I go." Amara expresses.