Chapter 12: "Sinners will sin"

THE NEXT DAY/SUNDAY MORNING — — —

Fielder Estates - Family Room

11:27 AM

Rafael, Amyra, and Ramiro are comfy on the family room couch spending quality family time and enjoying their favorite Indian soap opera. "Oh my, God! I knew they were sleeping with each other!" Amyra's yells at the screen, as they watch a characters affair. "You did, sis." Ramiro admits to her. Suddenly, a maid approaches them holding the landline. "Mr. Fielder, it's the hospital on the line. They wish to speak to you." She goes, before handing Rafael the phone. "Hello, is everything okay?" He says. And within seconds his emotions completely become clear. "Thank you so much. We'll be right there." He hangs up the phone, and gives it back to the maid.

"Donna, could you please have a car ready to take us to the jet within the next fifteen to twenty minutes?" He asks her. "Sure, Mr. Fielder." She responds, before running along. "Dad, what's wrong?!" Amyra asks him. "Yeah, is everything okay?" Ramiro chimes in. Rafael looks to them with a tear falling down his face... "We have to go by your mothers side. The doctors just said she's slowly dying. She has a few hours left at most." He explains. "Oh my, God!" Amyra bursts into tears in Ramiro's arms. Grief stricken, they all sit there consoling one another in the moment.

Marlton Pancake Palace

11:40 AM

Chelsea, fresh out of church, is picking herself up some breakfast from the cute breakfast place downtown. "Thanks so much!" She smiles, as the cashiers hands her her to-go bag. As she's exiting the place, she runs into her former drug dealer, Buddha. "Aye, what up 'lil Chelsea." He greets her. "Buddha! What are you doing here?" She responds awkwardly. "Just picking me and baby girl up some breakfast, you know." He continues.

"Oh, okay. Well, it was nice seeing you." Chelsea says, before attempting to walk away. "Aye, come see me at the car right quick. I got a special deal going on..." He whispers persuasively in her ear, as he holds onto her ear. Fighting the urge to turn down the offer for a quick fix, Chelsea pauses for a moment. "Okay." She finally replies, not knowing that she is making a deal with the devil...