Chapter 7: "Too little, yet too late"

THE NEXT DAY/TUESDAY — — —

Carter Law - Mitchell's Office

9:45 AM

Rebecca enters the room while Mitchell Jr. is working on some documents at Mitchell's desk. She is dressed in a white button-down shirt, a tiny bodycon skirt, and round-toe stiletto shoes, which does not go unnoticed by him. "Morning, Mr. Carter." She says in a soft and sweet tone. "Uhm- morning, Rebecca. How can I help you?" He puts himself in check and responds.

"I just needed you to read over and sign these documents for the Johnson case." She tells him, as she struts over to the desk. Once she arrives in front of it, she purposefully lets the documents slip out of her hands and they scatter on the floor. "Oh, gosh. I'm such a clutz!" Rebecca claims dramatically. "No, it's okay. Let me help you." Mitchell Jr. goes, as he gets up. Immediately aroused, he stands there and stares at her rear end, as he has a perfect view of her thongs.

Fighting the urge to give in to his sexual desires, he keeps his composure and looks away. He still continues to look through the corner of his eyes, as he cannot help himself. Suddenly, Michelle enters the room and is instantly disturbed. "What the hell is going here?!" She shouts at the top of her lungs, as she shuts the door behind her. Not knowing what to say or do, both Mitchell Jr. and Rebecca stand there stunned. As a confused and mortified Michelle stands there awaiting an answer...

Fielder General - Rafael's Office

Amara knocks on Rafael's office door before entering

Amara knocks on Rafael's office door before entering. "Hey, honey. It's me." A clearly distraught Amara tells him. "Hello, honey- What's the matter?!" He goes, as he notices her emotions. "There's something I have to tell you..." Amara mutters through her tears, as Rafael embraces her. "Go ahead, baby. Anything." Rafael says. "The cancer is speeding through my body. The doctors say I only have a few weeks left to live." Amara confesses emotionally. Rafael scoffs, as he has no response. Amyra almost cries as she listens in at the door, but she remembers to cover her mouth. After that, she dashes down the hallway and into the elevator. She stands there, wiping away her tears and breathing heavily, as the doors close...