Chapter 11: "As normal as we'll get"

THE NEXT MORNING/THURSDAY — — —

Carter Law - Rebecca's Office

9:09 AM

Rebecca was just getting settled into her office for the day, when Michelle stormed into the room and approached her. "Rebecca!" Michelle yells, as she walks up to her and smacks her face! "Ah! What the fuck?!" Rebecca shouts, as she tries to control her balance. "How fucking dare you make a move on my brother like that?! My married fucking brother! You fucking slut!" Michelle yells at her. "I don't know what you're talking about... But you can't just come in here putting your filthy hands on me!" Rebecca tells her.

"Watch me!" Michelle screamed at her before jumping on her! They grappled with each other, throwing punches and pulling hair. Papers and office supplies scattered across the floor as they slammed into the desk and then onto the wall. The sound of their grunts and yells echoed through the office. Just as it seemed like the fight would continue indefinitely, Mitchell Jr. burst into the room and managed to separate the two. He held them apart as they continued to struggle and shout at each other. "What the hell is going on in here?!" He loudly ask them. The other staff in the building stand at the door being nosey.

"This bitch is unprofessional and trash! And I want her gone. NOW!" Michelle demands. "No, she's the one who came in here and attacked me!" Rebecca whines. Michelle gives Mitchell Jr. a stern look and he instantly makes his decision. "I'm sorry, Rebecca. But, I think it's best that you leave." He looks to Rebecca and tells her. Rebecca scoffs and looks around to everyone. She then steps up to Mitchell Jr. They are face to face, and the tension is intense! "I promise you, you're gonna regret this." She whispers sinisterly into his ear, before storming out of the room. "MOVE!" She yells at the staff in the doorway. Michelle and Mitchell Jr. look to each other in disbelief at the turn of events.

A MONTH LATER/SATURDAY MORNING — — —

A month has passed. And with the passage of time, the wounds of the past began to heal for the Fielders, Carters, and DuPoint's.

Bridgewood Lakes Rehabilitation Center