005: im glad i found you

GAMERS
— chapter five

JUNI'S APARTMENT
london, england

JUNIPER CLEANED UP HER VANITY, in an anxious episode the girl had gotten ready a little too early for her 'date'. she decided to clean up her room as she waited for the brunette boy to pick her up.

juni looked at herself in the mirror, she wore the little black dress that she had bought while in los angeles. her hair was down in loose waves and a few small braids she had added in last minute. she slipped on a pair of heels and sat down in her living room.

however, her mindless scrolling through instagram was interrupted by a loud knock on the door. juni checked the time.

he was early.

the brunette girl hurried to the door, smoothing down the wrinkles in her dress before opening the front door.

there he was.

lando stood in front of her, hands holding onto a small bouquet of blue and white flowers. his hair sat in perfect soft curls on his head. lando wore a white button down with the top few button's undone and black jeans.

he looked hot.

"wow.." lando breathed out, his eyes widening the second the word left his lips. he hadn't meant to say that out loud. juniper bit her lip to stop her smile growing too much at the simple word.

"hi." the pair stood in silence for a second, taking in each other. they had only known each other two weeks but it felt like they had been waiting for this moment forever.

"these are for you." lando shyly pushed the flowers forward for the girl to take. she gave him a sweet smile and took them. her fingers brushing his sending electricity through both of them.

"thank you, they're perfect." june stepped out of the doorway, "come on in while i put these in some water."

the girl retreated into her apartment, lando cautiously stepping in behind her. his eyes scanned the walls of the wide hallway, one side was filled with polaroids with small captions on them. memories that juniper had made with the important people in her life.

to the other side was a small table with a polaroid camera and a small bowl atop it, the bowl holding some crystals, and a hanging mirror. a small shoe rack and coat hanger and a black umbrella in the corner by the door.

making his way into the main living room, the space was clean. a couch set up in the centre with a coffee table and a tv on the far wall. a modern bookshelf to one side covered with books, mini figures, vinyl records, picture frames and some potted plants. a small vintage record player was tucked away in the far corner next to a window nook.

on the near wall hung some wall shelves holding her several awards and accolades. some art hung on the wall but he couldn't tell who had painted them. right beside a door, which the boy assumed led to juniper's bedroom, was a cat tree with a ginger kitten sleeping on top.

"whatcha thinking?" juniper's voice echoed. lando turned his head to face the girl standing at the kitchen island as she poured water into a vase.

"i like your place." juni nodded as she placed the flowers in. "and your cat."

"that's meli."

"meli?"

"hawaiian name, it means honey." lando neared the cat tree to realise the kitten was in fact not asleep and just laying on her back. he smiled and scratched her belly making the kitten grab lando's hand with her paws.