bonus: bye paddock

GAMERS
— bonus chapter

ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX
yas marina circuit, abu dhabi

juniper's jaw dropped as she let out the loudest squeal. her eyes beginning to well with tears as lando's voice came in through the headphones she wore.

"lando, you are world champion! congratulations mate!" lando yelled into his radio, excitement coursing through his veins and adrenaline filling his body as he waved to fans at the last race of the season.

it had been a long and intense season, a championship battle between him, max verstappen and charles leclerc leading to the final race of the season. but he had done it, he had come out victorious.

the cars were brought to a stop, lando jumping out and running to tackle his team. juniper hugged the barriers watching the mechanics and strategists hug her boyfriend.

she laughed as she wiped away a few tears. lando's eyes fell on her and his smile grew even wider. juniper reached out to him as he approached her, her hands latching immediately behind his neck as she pulled him in.

lando cupped her face as he kissed her passionately, not caring that all eyes and cameras were on them. all he cared about was sharing this special moment with the love of his life.

"i love you so much." juniper whispered when he pressed his forehead to hers.

"i love you more." he replied, kissing her forehead before pulling away to get his interview taken.

the brunette smiled up at lando as he took his place on the top step of the podium. the british anthem playing as he stood proudly with a wide grin. his eyes scanned the crowd down below until they spotted his girl.

she blew him a kiss when she saw him looking and he sent her a wink back. the crowd roared as he lifted the trophy above his head.

juniper waited patiently as lando handled all of his media duties. finally the british world champion walked over to his girlfriend, wrapping his arms around her waist.

lando buried his head between her shoulder and collarbone, she could feel his steady breathing on the side of her neck.

she planted a kiss on the side of his head, "my world champion, i'm so unbelievably proud of you. this whole season, you've been nothing short of incredible, extraordinary. i love you."

lando smiled pressing his lips to hers, "i couldn't have done it without you, darling. you've been my rock all year long. thank you."

the pair stood in silence just looking at each other, "so what do you do now that you're world champion?"

lando chuckled at the question, "party," juniper nodded, her fingers running through the hair at the nape of his neck, "and then start all over again next year."

"again!" juniper faked disbelief making the british man laugh again and kiss her cheek.

"i could always pull a rosberg and retire." lando smirked and juniper rolled her eyes playfully.

"and then what? become a full time youtuber?" she pulled away from him taking his hand as they began to walk out of the paddock.

"i mean i have quadrant." the singer giggled and shook her head.

"but you love this too much." she stopped at the entrance of the paddock, not letting go to her boyfriend's hand as she turned to look back at it. "we'll be back next year."

"bye paddock." lando waved with his free hand.

"bye paddock." juniper followed, before the pair turned away and walked to lando's car.

typing...
LANDO NORRIS P2 AT SILVERSTONE, HIS HOME RACE!!! I AM UNWELL 😭😭😭 that was the most beautiful race ever and his battle with lewis oh my god!!! and when he led the first five laps I WAS SOBBING IN FRONT OF MY LAPTOP! this chapter is in honour of his amazing performance today 🧡🧡🧡

p.s. oscar piastri is rookie of the year and that's just FACTS!! qualifying P3 and finishing P4 in only his 10th race in F1 is mental!! i'm so stupid proud of him 😭🧡