009: drive to survive

GAMERS
— chapter nine

JUNI'S APARTMENT
london, england

IT WAS ROMAN AND DAWSON'S LAST DAY IN LONDON, the trio of best friends had been out on the town shopping almost all day and were now back at juniper's apartment.

juni's friends had surprised her by travelling to london to congratulate the singer on her five grammy nominations. they were so proud of their best friend.

currently, roman lay on the couch with meli on his chest. the ginger kitten had grown quite a bit in the past two weeks but still had the same playful spirit. dawson scrolled through netflix with the tv remote and june stood in the kitchen waiting for their popcorn to finish.

"are we thinking shadow and bone?" dawson threw out the name of the first show she spotted. roman shook his head not looking away from the cat playing with his hand.

"nah, nothing heavy. i wanna just watch something mindless."

dawson nodded and continued to scroll, "hey junebug?" juniper popped her head towards dawson, "you didn't tell me lando was on netflix."

juni's brows furrowed, she poured all the popcorn out of the bag and into a bowl bringing it over to the living room, "what are you talking about?"

dawson pointed to the tv and, clear as day, there he was. lando on netflix, along with other f1 drivers that juni recognised as the little trailer played.

drive to survive.

"are you telling me you're boyfriend's on a reality tv show?" roman tried to hold back a laugh.

"one, he's not my boyfriend. two, i think he's in a reality tv show." juni looked slightly in horror. she took the remote from her blonde friend and pressed play.

her friends said nothing, instead all three moved onto the couch right opposite the tv. juni in the middle with her friends on her side, their eyes trained onto the screen as episode one began.

next thing they knew, their popcorn was finished and all three were now cuddled up next to each other. none of them knew how long they had spent on the couch, but by the time the trio had dozed off they had paused on season 2 episode 7.

www.imessages.com

private messages
[2 participants]
papaya 🧡, blue 🦋

4:23

blue 🦋
you're definitely on a plane rn but
blue 🦋
YOU ARE IN A RELAUTY TV SHOW ON NETFLIX AND NEVER TOLD ME
blue 🦋
ro, dawn and i just started it...

5:02

blue 🦋
omg you're literally a fetus in season one 😭😭
blue 🦋
AND OMG DANIEL WAS IN REDBULL???

5:56

blue 🦋
whoa! max and daniel crash
blue 🦋
i hope they were okay 😭 that's scary

6:34

blue 🦋
redbull and renault drama 😟😟😟
blue 🦋
cristian is such a karen
blue 🦋
lmaoo karen horner 😭😭

7:10

blue 🦋
pierre and charles 🥹🥹🥹
blue 🦋
ugh charles is a future world champ i said it first 🙏
blue 🦋
and baby max is honestly so unhinged i love him

7:45

blue 🦋
i wanna meet your friends 😋 they seem like fun

7:41

blue 🦋
justice for grosjean 😔🙏
blue 🦋
gunther give me an ick

8:39

blue 🦋
LEWIS WON!!
blue 🦋
low-key wanted you to win but issok lewis is good too 🤩
blue 🦋
we're starting season two now... 🙈

typing...
lmaooo the trio discovers drive to survive 😟 also juni live texting lando her reactions is so funny. also we're gonna pretend grammy noms came out in march 2022 for story purposes 😝 OMG GUYS AUSTRALIA GP WAS MADNESS LIKE WTFFFF BUT LANDO P6 OMG IM SO PROUD AND HAPPY HERES A CUTIE PIC OF HIM HAPPY :))

 also we're gonna pretend grammy noms came out in march 2022 for story purposes 😝 OMG GUYS AUSTRALIA GP WAS MADNESS LIKE WTFFFF BUT LANDO P6 OMG IM SO PROUD AND HAPPY HERES A CUTIE PIC OF HIM HAPPY :))