017: race day

GAMERS
— chapter seventeen

SILVERSTONE GRAND PRIX
northamptonshire, england

RACE DAY, juniper and dawson sat cozy in mclaren hospitality while the two drivers got ready to get into their cars.

juniper picked up her phone as it buzzed, she smiled at the text from lando asking her to come to his driver's room before excusing herself from her friend to do just that.

she followed the instructions of charlotte, lando's pr manager, to where his room was. she softly knocked on the door, lando opening it within seconds.

juniper couldn't help but look the brunette boy up and down, he let his race suit fall at his hips revealing his skin tight white fire proof underneath.

lando moved out of the way letting the british girl in, as he closed the door she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him close to her.

lando snuggled his face into her shoulder, he let her run her fingers through his curly locks and press a few gentle kisses onto the side of his head.

not many people knew it but lando always got anxious before races. he would normally try his best to conceal it and it normally worked to fool those around him, but juniper could see through it.

"look at me," juni whispered, lando lifted his head and let her hold his face in her palms, "don't be worried, okay? i'm here. i'm cheering for you. i believe in you so much."

"at least someone does." juniper frowned.

"no, no bad self talk, norris." she forced his eyes to meet hers, "you are one hell of a driver. go out there and show everyone that. drive. drive for yourself, drive for your family, driver for me. okay?"

lando nodded and smiled, a genuine one, and juniper reciprocated. she placed one last kiss on his cheek before letting go.

www.skysportsf1.com
silverstone grand prix live

"and it's lights out and away we go!"

lap 1

"and that's george russell out of the race in a huge crash. that looks like alfa romao."

"that's the red flag."

"we have gotten word that zhou guanyu is okay and out of that car."

lap 3

"sainz battling with verstappen, does he take the lead?"

"and he takes the lead."

"we've got perez putting pressure round the back."

"it's sainz, verstappen, leclerc, then perez and lando norris ahead of lewis hamilton's mercedes."

lap 6

"that's perez coming into the pits putting the mclaren in fourth."

lap 10

"and sainz has gone of the track, can he recover it? no, and max verstappen takes the lead."

lap 12