012: baby penguin

GAMERS
— chapter twelve

REGENT'S PARK ZOO
london, england

"WE'RE GOING TO THR ZOO?" lando chuckled as juniper dragged the boy towards the entrance with their interlocked hands.

"yes!"

"why?" they were now stood in line.

"have you ever been to this zoo?" lando's furrowed his brow as he thought, "exactly."

the pair waited patiently in line to buy their tickets, lando used this opportunity to wrap his arm around juniper's shoulders and pulling her into his chest. the brunette giggled and leaned into him.

"lando," he hummed, "what's your favourite animal?"

"penguins. yours?"

"i wanna see the giraffes." juni had a childish grin plastered on her face.

"excuse me?" the pair turned back towards the voice, "oh my god, i told you it was juniper!" a blonde girl nudged her friend.

"hi!"

"sorry, but we're huge fans. can we get a picture?" juniper loved meeting her fans and was always down for pictures and autographs and chats.

"of course!"

"do you want me to take the picture?" lando asked the blonde, seeing her hesitate he decided to offer himself.

"thank you lando, but we actually want you in the picture too." lando smiled and nodded.

"selfie then?" the two girls nodded and the group got into position as lando snapped a few pictures for them girl.

"thank you so much and sorry to interrupt your date." the blonde's ginger friend spoke, "you two are so cute." she whispered to juni before leaving making her giggle.

"now i didn't know this was a date." lando smirked and juniper's cheeks turned slightly pink.

"it can be a date, if you want."

"of course, i want this to be a date." he winked at her.

lando turned to the ticket booth and pulled out his wallet, but june snatched it out of his hand and plopped it into her bag.

"nah uh," she wagged her finger, "i've brought you out today, so i'm paying."

lando tried to protest but before he could she had paid and gotten their tickets. juniper's eyes sparkled with wonder as they officially entered the park. there were sighs to their left and right telling them which animals were where.

she was like a child in a candy store, and lando loved it. he left her pull him along through the park. they saw the elephants and tigers, lions and deer, the monkeys and birds.

juniper gasped as the sight of a rather long necked mammal came into view, "lando, giraffes!"

"come on!" the couple raced over to the enclosure, their interlocked hands swinging in between them.

"oh my god, they're beautiful." juniper's eyes were attached to the majestic animals infront of her but lando, he couldn't keep his eyes off her.

juniper beginning bouncing, in excitement, as a giraffe began making its way towards them. it stopped right in front of her. her jaw dropped open and her gaze looking up.

"here," lando handed her a cucumber from a nearby food bin, "feed em."

juniper nodded and held her hand up high with the cucumber, the giraffe took quick notice bending down to take the gracious offering.