Chapter 6: Twilight

Within the Council room, the Masters of Celestia had gathered. The Council room was where most official business was conducted, as the throne room had gone unused for so long. The Council was a democratic group that came together to make decisions. They were in charge of Celestia, with each of the four members overseeing a different part of it. The room was circular, with a podium on the far side of the room. The podium was semi-circular and was split into five parts. Thrones were positioned on each part of the podium. A single larger throne was in the center, farther above the other thrones. This throne was always unoccupied, as it belonged to the Dragon Emperor. Master Redderik and Grandmaster Albedo sat on the same level, on either side of the Emperor's throne. The thrones on the far ends held Asami, and their dear friend Damian. Damian wore his steel armor, though it had been upgraded to suit a Master of Celestia. It had engravings throughout, along with a white tabard. His tabard had the symbol of Celestia on it, signaling his allegiance. His armor was heavier and more defined than it was before. His lighter skin was a tad paler, and his purple hair had grown out to shoulder length. He had grown a beard, which matched his purple eyes well. He looked more mature than he did two years prior, though perhaps that was in looks only. He was also on the more muscular side now, as he had begun rigorous training after the conflict with the Snake Kingdom ended. Looking at them, it felt like everything had changed...and perhaps it had. Celestia was far better now than it was before. Yet even with a new Council, the room remained the same. 

It had a grandiose red rug on the lowest level, below the thrones. There were banners strung about, primarily beneath the thrones. There was a giant window behind the middle three thrones, allowing sunlight to flood the room. At least...it typically would. Giant red curtains were closed on the window, keeping it on the darker side. Gabriella and Lucille stood on the lowest level. They admired the banners and the torches that lit the room. The torches were placed atop wall sconces designed to look like tiny Dragons. Celestia truly did love Dragons. Other regions were lacking in Dragon-themed decor, and thus the Arvanians admired it with piqued interest. The two Arvanians were not the only guests in the room, however. Kei was also in the room, as she wished to represent her homeland for Celestia during the meeting. Nosferatu, the High Justiciar of Celestia, was also present to see how the meeting would play out. Her armor wasn't all that different from that of the other Justiciars. It was black and jagged, with a double-layered waistcloth. The second layer of the waistcloth was wrapped around from behind, only to the sides of her legs. There were fringes where it cut off, each with the Celestial Insignia imprinted on them. Like the other Justiciars, she had flags coming over her shoulders. Her helmet was the most differentiated part of her armor, as it had a long spike coming out of the top. There was also a demonic horn coming out over her left eye, though like the spike, it was merely an ornament on her armor. She was eight feet tall, though that was of course due to her armor. It was well-known by that point that she was only four-foot-six outside of her armor. Both she and Kei stood on the same level as Asami and Damian, standing beside their respective thrones. 

Now that they had all been gathered, it was time to begin the meeting. Only...nothing happened for roughly two minutes. It was dead silent...until Albedo let out a small, nervous laugh. "Oh...I-I'm supposed to say something, huh? Uh...meeting...start!" She exclaimed. Redderik facepalmed and shook his head. The others simply shook their heads lightly. Gabriella moved to speak immediately, but Lucille grabbed her shoulder gently. Gabriella stepped back, deciding not to speak. Kei was the first to speak, following Gabriella's attempt. "Masters of Celestia, we are gathered here because Arvan has requested an alliance. Overseas invaders have come seeking to open the same artifact that the Snake Kingdom did. Arvan seeks an alliance so that we may work together to stop them. This meeting is to decide whether or not Celestia will answer their call." With that said, the meeting began. Albedo waved her left hand toward the Arvanians. "You may speak." She said. Gabriella stepped forward, taking a deep breath as she did so. "Arvan...is in ruins. This isn't just a matter of allying, it's a warning. These invaders will come for you next. And trust me...these invaders...they are far more dangerous than any we've faced in the past." Her words brought everyone to attentiveness. Redderik seemed doubtful. "More dangerous than any we've faced? Need I remind you that the Snake Kingdom dominated nearly all of Ravania, while these invaders have only left one Kingdom in shambles thus far? Do not lump everyone else in with Arvan's weakness." He said, temporarily stunning Gabriella.