~ Chapter Twenty Four ~

"Good morning Mori~" y/n sang as she entered his office. Immediately she saw him getting Elise ready for the day.

"Ahh~ always a delight to see you y/n! How would you like to accompany me to a meeting today? I'm sure it'll be quite fun!"

"Ah I don't know... maybe I should stay here... maybe do some paperwork for you again?" Y/n said, her voice getting squeaky as she spoke. She didn't prepare herself mentally for going out today.

"Ango, I'm sure you two have met, he will be there. You don't want to miss out on a deal where one of your friends will be present, Hm?"

Y/n rolled her eyes and did so in a way that Mori would very much notice. "He's not a friend. Stupid bitch betrayed Dazai... and the Port Mafia..."

Mori laughed as he straightened his jacket up. "I'm glad to know your priorities are in the Port Mafia. Now, I would love for you to be coming with me. Besides I don't want you stuck in this office 24/7."

"Aren't you the reason I've been stuck here lately?? You know... since you keep calling me in? You could stop me from being in this office by not calling me in?"

Mori smiled at y/n as his eyes widened. "Y/n. Stop the sass. I am your boss and at any point, I can fire you."

Y/n sighed quietly. "Yes sir."

"You are a lot like Dazai, you know that?" He laughed. "When I wasn't the Boss of the Port Mafia he stayed beside me. He watched me kill the former boss."

Y/n tilted her head, she wanted to be surprised but that seem like something Mori would do.

"Now y/n. Will you be accompanying me?"

"Yes sir."

Within a blink of an eye, Elise was gone and they started walking for the exit.

"It seems to me you're trying to make me replace Dazai... do you think he's going to leave?"

"Just a safety precaution, that's all."

Y/n lowered her head and continued walking.

✦ ✦ ✦

"Goodnight Kōsuke."
"Goodnight Katsumi."
"Goodnight Yu."
"Goodnight Shinji."
"Goodnight Sakura."

"Rest in peace... I'll be off."

✦ ✦ ✦

Mori and the Gifted Operations Division leader, Santōka Taneda, were sat at a table. Y/n was stood behind Mori and to the left. Ango, he was standing in the middle in front of the table.

"I want to start by thanking you for coming here today," Ango spoke, nervously looking at y/n and then Mori. "To reiterate, this meeting will be off the record."

Y/n glared at Ango as he looked at the ground, anxiety radiating off of him.

"I appreciate your invitation. How does it feel to be at your original post?" Mori asked a smile on his face, as usual.

"I'll ask you not to torment our junior staff member if you will. That alright with you Mr. Boss man?" Mr. Taneda then looked at y/n. "Could you also stop staring him down?"

Mori started speaking, taking the attention off y/n."My darling Elise asked me to bring back some ice cream for her. Any good suggestions as a government employee, Chief Taneda?"

"Now you're making me feel all warm and toasty. That reminds me actually, I should bring something back for our people. Something they'd really appreciate! Like your head on a silver platter."