03

𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

Pulling my gun out I run upstairs while telling my brothers to stay as I make my way up the stairs. I could tell they wanted to follow me but I needed them to make sure that the rest of the house was safe. Making my way down the hall I open the door to the girl's room only to find her gone and the window open.

How the hell?

I run towards the open window only to find nothing there. She fucking climbed to!? I see a running figure who I assume is AJ running closer and close to the gate. I call out her name hoping she would turn around or maybe even stop so the guards could catch her but she didn't even turn around.

The fact that she could climb down would be a challenge but she also has a headache and her arm might be a little numb from having a shot in it she should be feeling super weak. Shit. Now what. She might go out telling everybody and we don't need that type of publicity. I turn to run downstairs when I see Antonio standing behind me looking shocked as he scanned the room.

"I know I know just come on," I said sighing as I see him getting ready to say something.

We go downstairs to find all my siblings sitting around the table. Antonio and I make our way to the table explaining to them what happened to say they were shocked is an understatement.

"So you're saying that after getting shot with a tranquilizer dart and probably having a horrible headache she managed to escape by climbing down the house where her room is about two stories tall?" Valentino questioned.

I nodded my head knowing that it doesn't make sense but it was true.

Everyone was silent until Carmello spoke up, "I mean it could only make sense if she has already been through it.. " everybody turned to face him with confused faces including me as he continued, "I mean think about it you would have to endure a lot of something to get used to even when it comes to pain". He said shrugging his shoulders.

It makes sense but what could have happened to her for her to be able to move so freely without showing any sort of pain I know that once you get hit with one of those darts that headache won't just go away or the numbness in her arm.

"Everybody get ready to leave in two days we'll return back to the US as soon as possible. We need to make sure that window gets fixed quickly but that would need some time make sure everything you have in here is gone we don't need anybody snooping and finding anything important!" I told my brothers.

"Oh and goodnight," I said to them as they walked by they all returned it back with either a nod and a smile or a goodnight.

A few hours later.........

I sat down in my office chair as I finish packing all my stuff not leaving anything cluttered. It's getting late the boys should be asleep by now but I need to finish some paperwork. I get up and go to my beverage cart I have stored in here since my brothers like to drink everything before I get any I go to sit down and grab some papers when my phone rings pulling it out I see 'Unknown Number' on the screen. I answer it making sure to listen before I speak making sure this isn't a setup from any enemies we might have.

'H-hello is this Mr. Verga?" a timid voice answered

"It is." making sure to leave my voice low and intimidating.

"Well I-I'm a social worker from an orphanage close by I have your sister with me at Riverstone High school." She said making my heart stop for a second

Sister?

My sister?

My little Angel?

My eyes stung with tears My little angel is alive and they want me to come meet her. Wait She said orphanage? What if she doesn't want to meet me? What if she hates me?