12

When we got back home the sun had set and the night was beginning. Everybody was gathered around the couch watching TV playing chess or reading with tea. Everybody that I used to go with talked about coffee and stuff but I guess they prefer tea which is probably best. I heard if you drink too much you could have a heart attack and if they drank as much coffee as they do tea I think they would be closest to one on a chart.

"Welcome back you two did you guys have fun?" Leonardo asks us finally looking up from his chess game with Rico who looks much more tense than him. 

I send him a questioning look before saying yes and sitting down on the couch chair nobody seems to be sitting on. Nobody ever touches this seat even if it's the last on left to sit on.

"Leo's losing but it's fun seeing Rico get mad because Leo isn't upset." I hear someone whisper. Turning around I see Marco laughing at my shocked expression before I fall into laughter with him nodding my head when I see Rico glaring at Leo when he laughs after getting his queen knocked out.

"You hungry did Alejandro give you dinner?" I see Mateo coming over to where I'm sitting on the couch placing himself on my right. 

I shake my head no before Mateo turns his head to glare at Ale. He just turns his head any way other than in my direction whistling obviously trying to avoid Mateo's gaze.

Mateo rolls his eyes before holding out his hand which I take then leads me to the kitchen.

"Ok is there anything you specifically want right now?" 

"I-I don't know what I want it's fine if you pick something."

To be honest I really didn't know what to eat, I've had a few decent meals before but I don't think they want most of the things I are for "dinner".

"Ok do you want some spaghetti? He and when I pick my head up to see him staring at me unsure of what I'd say.

"Ok."

                                                                 ~°^°~

If someone tells me they are making me a bowl of spaghetti I will love them forever. Don't get me wrong I've had spaghetti before just not homemade by that I mean I've only had nasty school spaghetti.

Everybody is gathered around the table eating and talking while I listen and laugh a little until I hear Mateo clear his throat.

"I'm sure you all remember me telling Aurelia about what happens with school but I'm going to ask this again. Do you want to go to school? You seem to be more adjusted and are you ready to go to school by Wednesday?"

I hesitate but I know for a fact I want to go to school maybe get some new friends try new things I missed out on a lot because of the foster program and I want to start fresh and actually feel like I have a place here.

"Yes" I say my voice coming out more bolder than I intended but it got my point across better.

I see him smile while the others chuckle a little at my loud behavior.

"Alright. It's settled then you'll be starting school in two days so we have to make sure you have all of your school supplies maybe a few erasers and some binders. Oh! And some-"

"Okay okay " I say interrupting Antonio from his tangent laughing at his excitement.

"You're getting way to excited for someone who doesn't even like going to school." Rico says raising his eyebrow in amusement.

Alejandro just rolls his eyes before grabbing my already finished plate and putting it in the sink.

I stand up but not before thanking one of the maids and going upstairs. I bathe and brush my teeth getting ready for bed. I get in bed but instead of sleeping my mind drifts off to when Mateo said two. Which means I have two days to mentally prepare myself. Two days yo pick out outfits and two days to practice not being socially awkward.