06

Antonio's POV:

I woke up to quiet cries and whimpering coming from Aurelia's room at first I thought I was having another nightmare but I heard the cries get louder and louder hearing her repeating the same words over and over 'No, no, no, no' without hesitation I leap out of bed as quietly as possible not wanting to disturb the others and rush over to her room my heart beating out of my chest. When I arrive I take a deep breath and open her door closing it behind me.

As I turn around my heart breaks a little when I see Aurelia tossing and turning in her bed as her whimpers get louder.

I speed to her side in an instant getting on my knees beside her bed. I didn't even realize my hands were trembling until I reached out to touch her arm she flinched away from me mumbling incoherent words.

"Hey, it's just me Antonio remember you always used to call me Toni when you were little got you out of anything," I whisper laughing quietly to myself as I remember every time she called me Toni it was eas like a magic word for her. I hesitantly place my hand back on her arm as she slowly relaxed. My heart soars a little as I see start to get more comfortable, she still seems to be sleeping as I hear her quiet snores.

"Like the little idiots we were every day we used to run around the house with you on my back and sometimes when you were in front of me you would trip over your little feet like the clumsy girl you were but you always laughed it off and smiled even if it hurt you would never tell me," I say choking up by the end at the end making my voice weaker.

I bring her head to my chest letting her listen to my heart telling her that I was there with her as tears welled up in my eyes but I refuse to let them fall. I decide to climb in her bed not wanting to leave her side just yet making sure that she is more comfortable and is less likely to get any nightmares if I stay here.

"Mi despiace mi sei mancanto tanto angelo." I whispered to her kissing her forehead as I drift off to sleep.

Aurelia's POV:

Waking up I feel something heavy weighing on my stomach I turn around so fast I'm pretty sure I got whiplash only to see Antonio sleeping beside me I can tell it's him because he has a little piercing on his nose and he has an angry frown etched on his face.

I'm so shocked usually I would've pushed someone on my bed but then I remember last night I had a nightmare but I heard someone's voice and then everything went blank the only thing I heard was a repeated sound resembling a heartbeat that must've been him. My face heats up a little as embarrassment washes over me but was replaced with a smile as I see him start to rub his eye grumbling stuff I can't understand as his face scrunches but it falters when I remember last night again. I quickly duck my head under my cover as I try to recall anything important.

Shit.

He might have questions.

Did I say something in my sleep?

Did I freak him out? Will he tell Mateo and the others? Will they kick me out on the streets?

I should apologize, right? Maybe then they won't-

"Aurelia!"

I turn my head again to see Antonio looking at me with concern."I've been calling you for the past 2 minutes you okay." he asks studying my face. I only nod giving him a tight-lipped smile.

"Y-yeah I'm fine just thinking and I'm sorry-"

"What are you sorry for? You did nothing wrong I came in here on my own terms and I'm not gonna ask about it because I know I wouldn't want to be questioned okay so you have nothing to worry or be sorry about." by the time he was done rambling he was breathing heavily looking at my eyes which were as wide as ever and for the first time ever I was speechless but before could say anything a knock on the door shook me out of my daze.