Part 10

"Allison dear wake up and come downstairs," Emily said through the door. Allison was already awake she had woken up early to get some of her homework done so she and Max could go out tonight. Allison got up from her desk and looked at herself in the mirror. It sounded ridiculous but she felt older.

     Allison made her way downstairs to the dining room and saw her grandparents. Her grandfather was sitting at the end of the table with a paper in hand as usual and her grandmother was setting up a waffle with candles on it that made the number nineteen. Her grandmother looked up at her with the biggest smile on her face and Allison smiled back "Allison come sit down so we can sing you happy birthday." Emily said and Allison sat down in her seat. Her grandparents then sang the girl happy birthday and smiled the whole time.

     "You know you don't have to go to school today if you don't want to. You can stay home just this one time." Richard said. "No, I'll go I only have a half day any way they had to do repairs on something I think," Allison said. "I have a meeting at work and your grandmother has lunch with some of the people from the DAR so we may not be here when you get home," Richard said. "That's okay I'll probably just do some homework," Allison said and then continued to eat her birthday waffle.

     "Happy birthday," Rory said to Allison as she saw her walking down the hall. "Thank you how did you know," Allison said. "Mom mentioned it a lot this week," Rory said and a small smile appeared on Allison's lips. "I'm going home now do you need a ride or anything," Allison asked. "No, I'm fine I just take the bus," Rory said. "Ok," Allison said as she walked out of the school.

     When Allison got to the Gilmore house she started on her homework for the day sitting at the dining room table so she had enough room for all of her notes.

      Allison had been doing homework for about an hour when she heard the doorbell ring. She got up from her spot at the table and went to the door and opened it. When she opened it she saw her mother. "Hi," Lorelai said. "Hey," Allison said as she opened the door wider gesturing for her mother to come in Lorelai walked in and the two went and sat down in the living room on seats across from each other. There was a silence that after a few moments, Lorelai decided to break "happy birthday" "thank you" Allison said. "I got you a present but I left it at home I'll bring it later," Lorelai said and Allison looked up at her mom. "I'm sorry." Lorelai said "I'm sorry I left you I thought I was doing the right thing by leaving you here I did and I didn't call because I didn't think you would want to talk to me and I didn't think you would want anything to do with me. And you were never here for the holidays you were with your dad. And I walked out that day at chilton because I was surprised I had ent seen you since you were two and then there you were sitting in a chair because you yelled at Rory." Lorelai said. "I'm sorry about that I realized after that that she wasn't a part of anything," Allison said and Lorelai nodded. "How much did she know about me?" Allison asked. "She knew that she had a sister and that you lived with your grandparents and that we never saw you. She never really asked questions though" Lorelai said and looked down at her watch. "I have to go," she said. "Okay bye," Allison said with an emotionless look on her face. "Bye," Lorelai said and walked out.

     Allison walked over to the table and picked up her phone and called Max "My mom just came to my house and apologized for leaving me" she said immediately when Max answered. "Well hello to you too. She just came to the house? Is no one else there?" Max asked. "No my grandma is at lunch with people from the DAR and my grandpa is at a meeting," Allison said. "So your alone on your birthday?" Max said. "Max we already talked about this I don't acknowledge my birthday," Allison said. "I just feel like you should," Max said. "We are later," Allison said. "It should be an all-day thing," max said. "Well it's not for me I have to go I'll see you later," Allison said. "Bye," max said and Allison hung up and smiled.