Part 14

Allison walked into her room and something on her bedside table caught her eye. It was the book. The book of poems Max had bought her on one of their dates. The book that she had put the price of paper they had written their rules in. That before Max had given it to her before she left had written I love you in the margins of one of the poems. The words she was to scared to say. The words that she thought he couldn't say. He had written them why couldn't he say them. If only she had read that poem. Would they still be together. Would she be in the position she was in right now. Would she have been expelled. She wouldn't know because she hadn't read that poem. Allison put the book in her side table drawer and went to sleep.

     Allison was walking down the hallway of Chilton, looking down at her feet no one looked at her the same anymore they just look at her like the girl who slept with her teacher. Everything was fine until she accidentally walked into someone. "Sorry" she said quietly not looking up. "it's okay" a familiar voice said the voice that would talk to her late at night while she was falling asleep. she looked ahead of her not looking back at him. "Ally- please stop we can't talk other than for school. I can't talk to you it just hurts to damn bad." "okay" he said softly, and she walked away.

     "Fill these out" Emily said putting college applications in front of Allison. "Grandma," Allison said. "I found them in the drawer next to your bed along with other things." She said angrily. She had seen the book. "How can something that could terribly destroy our reputation make you so happy?" Emily asked "because I finally had someone and I mean at the time I had a friend, so I wasn't alone. He made me happy" Allison said. "We'll I just can't accept that." Emily said. "We'll you don't have to because it's over anyway." Allison said. "Why didn't you fill these out you have a week left until you graduate. You'll be lucky even if you get into the same semester as your fellow classmates" Emily asked. "I wanted to take a gap year to figure out what I want to do with my life." Allison said. "No, you're not going to do that." Emily said and Allison scoffed. "I have never seen you act so much like your mother." Emily said. "Maybe we're more alike than you think" Allison said and ran up to her room and sat in her bed.

     Even though it had been weeks since she and Max broke up, she was still hurt. She sat up against the headboard of the bed and pulled her knees to her chest and cried. And it wasn't a sob she didn't have enough in her to sob it was silent, just tears flowing down her face. She couldn't stop them they just kept going. All she could think about was graduation. She was graduating in a week and then she was done with high school. She was graduating high school in a week alone. With no friends or a boyfriend or anything. Alone.

     Allison picked up her cellphone and dialed the number she had so many times before. He didn't pick up. She waited for his voicemail to start. "Hi this is Max Medina if I missed your call leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible thank you" she heard his voice say. She missed it. His voice. She did hear it every day but still that was to a class full of peers. It wasn't directed to her. She hung up as soon as it beeped. That one sentence wasn't enough. She called again, "Hi this is Max Medina if I missed you call leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible thank you". It still wasn't enough, so she decided to call one last time. The phone rang a couple times and when the voicemail usually came something else was said, "Ally" Max said on the other end pulling her out of her head. "I'm sorry I didn't mean for you to pick up I just needed to hear your voice" she said. "Ally it fine I just thought something was wrong." Max said. "Nothing more than usual." She spoke. "What's usually wrong?" He asked, "oh nothing I didn't mean to say that I shouldn't have called I'm sorry" she said and hung up and rested her head against her headboard.

     Allison was brought out of her thoughts when she heard a knock on her door. "Come in" she called out and Rory walked in. "Hey" Rory said, and Allison sat up. "Hey why are you here?" Allison asked. "Me and mom got into a fight, and I just couldn't be there anymore" Rory said. "Oh, I'm sorry" Allison said. Rory looked over to the wet pillow and at Allisons red face, "You still upset over Mr. Medina?" She asked. "Yeah, don't tell anyone but I uh just called him and he answered, and we talked for a second. and it hurt terribly because I can't just do that anytime now." Allison said and a tear rolled down her cheek and Rory reached up with her sleeve and stopped it before it fell, and Allison gave her a sad smile. "Does mom know your here?" Allison asked. "No" Rory said. "Well, she's probably really worried right now." Allison said. "yeah" Rory agreed "I don't want to talk to her right now can you call her?" Rory asked. "Yeah" Allison said and picked up her phone and started to call her mom. "Hello" Lorelai answered the phone worried. "Hey mom Rory's here she's fine she's just mad about something I don't know what." Allison said. "Thank you, Leigh," Lorelai said. "No problem. love you." Allsion said. "Love you, bye." Lorelai said and hung up the phone.

     "Okay mom knows" Allison said. "Thank you I think I'm going to go to bed now." Rory said. "Okay" Allison said as Rory walked out of the room and Allison went back to staring at her wall.

A/N

Hi! There's only one more part of this until the first season is over and it's going to be pretty eventful. The next part will be posted next week! if you guys like it you should vote and comment to tell me how you feel. And if you want you can follow to know when I update a book or publish a new one. Have a good day/night!