Part 18

"Just come to dinner tonight," Rory said to Allison as she walked around fixing her hair. "Rory I will not be going into that house again unless I am at least ninety percent prepared, or someone is dragging my dead body." Allison said getting irritated after her sister asked her for the fifth time. "What do you need to be prepared for?" Rory asked as Lorelai walked in. "They have their moves to just suffocate you and drag you back into their cave that is a lifestyle. There's the emotional blackmail, manipulation, they just play mind games until your too weak to fight." Allison said and Lorelai nodded her head as she spoke "they do that".

     Rory walked in with a tired look on her face. "Well how was dinner?" Allison asked. "They fought the whole time." Rory said as she walked to her room "Oh yes you got a glimpse into the first nineteen years of my life." Allison said and Lorelia walked in. "Lukes for breakfast?" Allison asked. "Do you not work?" Lorelai asked. "I don't have to be in till three tomorrow because Andrews going out of town" Allison said happily. 

     The three Gilmore Girls had gone to breakfast the next morning at Lukes and watched as Luke had to deal with jess or as Allison calls him "shithead". Allison then had gone to work and stayed there for what felt like days until she finally got off and walked home to take a break and read a new book that had just come in. 

     Rory walked in the house and sat on the couch next to Allison who looked up from her book. "Did you come out?" Rory asked. "What?" Allison asked confused. "Did you ever come out as like a debutante?" Rory asked and Allison nodded. "I was supposed to, but Dad didn't show up, Grandpa didn't show up because he had a business trip to London, and grandma for once in her life was sick. So instead, I sat in the corner of the room crying. I did eventually come out with grandma and grandpa there, but it wasn't the first time you know?" Allison said "Why?" She asked and Rory stayed silent "No Rory you didn't." "Grandma was out on the patio with her friends and grandma told me how important it was for woman to be properly presented to society." Rory said and Allison started to shake her head "No Rory no no no" Allison said exaggerating. Lorelai walked in the house "No What?" she asked as she sat down beside her daughters "Your daughter is coming out" Allison said and Lorelai looked at them both "Out to society" Rory clarified and Lorelia shook her head. "Okay why?" Lorelai asked. "She talked to your mother" Allison said. "Ah that makes sense" Lorelai said. "I can you out of it hand me the phone". "no" Rory said grabbing the phone from Allison who was handing it to her mother. "Why?" Lorelai asked. "You should have seen her face she was so happy it's important to her." Rory said. "Do you even know what a coming out part says?" Lorelai asked. "It says I'm a woman now" Rory said. "No, it says "hi I'm Rory I'm of good breeding and marriageable age and I will now parade around Infront of young men of similarly good breeding and marriageable age so they can all take a good long look at me." Lorelai said. "You're exaggerating I'm doing this for grandma she was so happy when I said yes she had me try on Allisons old dress and everything." Rory said. "It is a pretty dress" Allison said. "Okay then what do you need you have a dress, so you need shoes, hose, gloves." Lorelai said as she opened the book Rory had handed her. Allison looked at Rory "What's wrong?" She asked. "nothing" Rory said in a no way convincing voice. "Rory?" "It says your father is supposed to present you at the ceremony" Rory said. "Oh" "no its whatever I can get someone else to do it maybe grandpa." Rory said. "Hand me the phone" Lorelai said. "What?" Rory asked, "There should be many things that should weird you out about coming out but inviting your father isn't one of them." Lorelai said as she dialed a number and then walked away with the phone.