Part 12

"Sit down," Headmaster Charleston said to Max sternly. "I have recently learned some information that could ruin your career." the headmaster said. "Sir- I believe it to be true because of some evidence that was presented." Max tried to speak but was interrupted. "There could be two ways that we approach this. one, you break off the affair and stay here a Chilton as the English teacher with a one-week suspension for both parties. Two, you don't break it off and you get fired and the other party gets expelled and both of you get your reputation ruined. Though I do believe you both have already damaged said reputation but its mendable." Headmaster Charleston said. "Sir- What were you thinking? A student? A Gilmore. Do you know how much they contribute to this school?" Headmaster Charleston interrupted again. "Get out of this school I will see you two in here on Monday of next week at six-thirty with your answer." The headmaster said and Max got up and started to walk out of the school. All of the students watching him as he made his way to the doors.

     Allison didn't know where to go but she did know who told. She defiantly knew. But what she didn't know was why. Why would Catie tell everyone? Why would she try and ruin Allisons life like this. Allison drove to the coffee shop with only one thought on her mind. She was going to confront Catie. Allison parked her car and got out and slammed the door behind her and stormed into the coffee shop and immediately made eye contact with Catie. "So, what do you just go ruin people's lives on your lunch break?" Allison yelled. "Well hello Allison how was school." Catie asked maliciously. "Why I thought we were friends I told you secrets that I didn't tell anyone else. I trusted you." "Oh Allison, do you really think that I wanted to be your friend? Your one of those entitled rich kids who get whatever you want. And you say you're not like the others, but the truth is your like any other basic rich bitch out there." Catie said. Allison phone started to ring, and she looked down and saw it was Max. "Hey." Allison said. "Hey what are you doing?" Max asked. "Talking to a bitch who I thought was my friend can i come to your apartment when I'm done here" Allison asked. "Yeah, see you then" Max said and Allison hung up the phone. "Your so Fucking gullible" Catie said "Your lucky you're a bad friend though because when I kept asking if you wanted to hang out, I was actually going to blackmail you. Oh, and that trust fund of yours it gave so much motivation to actually finally talk to Emily and Richard though it wasn't under the best of circumstances they don't react very well when you tell them about their granddaughters affair." Catie said. "You told them" Allison said in disbelief. "Oh yeah I even played them the same voicemail as the one I showed to your headmaster thanks for the proof by the way." Catie said. Allison started to walk out of the store "You know what fuck you Catie." Allison yelled flipping her off as she walked out and ran to her car.

    She walked up to max's apartment door and knocked. when he answered he stepped to the side, so she just walked in when she got in, she looked around they both went to stand in the middle of his living room.

     "Everyone knows." She said quietly. "I know." he replied. "What do we do." she asked.  "I don't know" Max said, "Well we should probably think of something" she said worried. The room fell into a silence. "We could get married. If we stayed here, Chilton would fire me so we could move to California, and I could get a job at Stanford they've been trying to get me to teach there for years. we could get a nice house. we could start a family you can do whatever you want." Max says quickly getting faster the more he speaks. "We can't get married we haven't even said I love you yet" Allison said. "We'll I do" Max said. "You what Max." She asked wanting him to say it. "I do" Max said. "You what? Say it" she yelled "I-I-I" max shuddered. "You can't even say it. You can ask me to marry you, but you can't say I love you. Also, may I remind you I just turned 19. I finally started talking to my mom and were finally on good terms. I can't move across the country, and you love your job I can't take this from you, and this is all happening because of me." She said with tears streaming down her face. "Your right I'm sorry." Max said in a solemn voice. "Headmaster Charleston gave us two choices. One, we break it off and we both get to stay at Chilton with one-week suspensions. Two, we don't break it off and I get fired and you get expelled." Max said and there was a silence of the two contemplating their decisions. "Max" Allisons spoke, "I think we should break it off" she said. "What" he asked confused. "You love your job it's a good job and I have a few months left to graduate and it would save our reputations" Allison said. "Ally- Max we can't be together." Allison stood there Infront of the man with tears flowing down her face. "I should go." She said and stood there for another second the two just looking at each other she walked towards him, and he bent down and he kissed her. One last kiss. she was still crying and when they pulled apart, he pulled her in, and she rested her head on his chest and cried. after a few minutes she whispered a 'Goodbye' and walked out the door.

     When she walked in the door of the Gilmore house, she assumed her grandparents would be there waiting for her and she was correct. "Oh, Look Richard Shes finally home" She heard her grandmother say when she stepped in. "Where have you been young lady." her grandfather said. "You know." Allison said. "of course, we know I'm sure all of Hartford knows by now. What were you doing? he repeated his question. "I was at Max's." She spoke.  "We are so disappointed in you young lady." Richard said. "You're disappointed. Your disappointed that I finally found someone who listened to me and liked me and would have done anything for me. you want to know why I was at Max's. I was at Max's because I just broke up with him so he could be happy. so please save the disappointment for later because really all I want to do right now is go cry in my room." She said cry and she started walking up the stairs when she heard her grandmother talking to her. "You are just like your mother." that was the last straw. "I am not like my mother. my mother had me at 14 and abandoned me when she had Rory. all I did was find someone I loved. And I didn't even get pregnant." "You were sleeping with him?" Her grandmother asked appalled. "I'm nineteen what did you think was happening." "I'm going to get him fired" Richard said and she turned around and walked down the stairs. " I just did something that hurt me terribly so that he wouldn't get fired so I'm begging you please don't.... please" she has a tear falling down her face "I won't do anything with him I promise other than for school jus please promise me you won't get him fired please." her grandparents could see how hurt she was and the tears falling down her face "Fine".

A/N

So. This was a lot. Also, I'm sorry I know you wanted Max and Allison to stay together but just so you know we are nowhere near the end of this book. I have had this part planned for moths and I'm so happy to finally see it all written! Anyways you should definitely comment and tell me how you feel about this part you should also vote if you like it. Have a good Day/Night!