Part 15

"Allison, are you awake?" Emily called through her granddaughter's door. "Yeah, I'm about to come down," Allison said as she grabbed her book bag and looked at herself in the mirror one more time. It was her last day of school. She doesn't have to go to school every day and learn things that she already knew. She didn't get to sit in Max's class and have a reason to talk to him even if she was just asking a question about the class. She has no excuse. 

      The girl walked down the stairs and quickly walked into the dining room where her grandparents were sitting. She grabbed a croissant off of a plate and said her goodbyes before she walked out to her car and left the Gilmore house. When she got to the school, she saw she had a couple of minutes before she had to be in, so she picked up her phone and dialed her mother's number. "Hello" Her mother answered. "Hey mom." Allison said. "Hey" Her mother said. "I have a question." Allison said. "Shoot" Lorelai said. "Will you come to my high school graduation?" Allison asked. "Of course, honey. I would love to" Lorelai said surprised that Allison wanted her to be there. "It's next week" Allison said. "Okay I'll be there" Lorelai said. "Great" Allison said. "I have to go my class is about to start" "okay I love you" Lorelai said. "Love you" Allison said and hung up and ran into the building towards her first class.

     Allison walked into her English class as it started and sat down. "Hello everyone, I know it's the last day and you all are done and are going to ignore anything I say so I'll read you some poems by Shakespeare because I know some of you guys really like it" max said, and Allison looked up and their eyes met but Allison quickly looked away.

     The class went by slowly as everyone was waiting for it to be over so they could be done with school for the year while Allison was looking down at her notebook trying not to cry. When the class ended everyone walked out quickly but one person stayed behind. She barely had the courage to actually talk to him, but she decided to try. "Ally" max said when he noticed she stayed behind. She looked at him as a tear fell down her face. Max stayed behind his desk and Allison was standing by the door. Allison looked out the door and saw headmaster Charleston walking towards the room. "I read it. I saw your note," she said and ran out of the school and made her way to the Gilmore house.

     She was done. She was done with school. She was no longer required to sit in a school for eight hours a day and pack knowledge into her brain.

     The Gilmore girl drove home and walked into her house. "How was school" Richard asked as she walked into the house. "It was okay. I'm happy it's done" she said. "We have dinner tonight with your mother and sister. We're eating salmon your favorite" Emily said. "Cool. Thank you" Allison said and made her way up to her room.

     "Thank you for dinner grandma it was great" Allison said in an emotionless voice as she made her way to the stairs. "I think I'm going to go to- No you're not you're going to come down here and tell us how much you have talked to him since we found out" Emily said angrily. "What?" Allison asked. "Hanlin called earlier before you got home from school. He said he saw you running out of that man's classroom where he was." Emily said. "Grandma that was the first time I had spoken to him intentionally I promise I only said five words" Allison said. "This is not what we do Allison we need to keep a good reputation after your mother it had already been damaged." Emily said. "This is not what we do" Allison quoted her grandmother "then what do we do because if it's not find someone to love and someone you want to spend your life with what are we supposed to do?" She asked "you're going to go to college and get a degree and then you will work. If you don't find a job, I'm sure your grandfather could find you a job. You will join the DAR and socialize" Emily said, and Allison looked at her with disbelief. "Honestly I do not see how you could love him" Emily said. "We'll you don't have to I do" Allison said and ran up to her room.