Part 24

Allison sat on her couch flipping through the channels on her tv bored. She had finished moving into her apartment about a week ago. Max had helped her move and build the furniture she had gotten. It had been about a month since she had officially owned the bookstore, and everything seemed to be going perfectly fine. she hired a girl to work part time. she was 15 and was going to Stars Hollow High. she seemed very shy, but Allison knew that the girl would be a very good fit for the bookstore. 

After scrolling through all of the channels on her tv and finding nothing good to watch she picked up her phone.

 "Mother" she said as her mother answered.

"Daughter" Lorelai said back to her. 

"Living alone is boring" she said and heard her mother laugh.

"You need a hobby" Lorelai said.

"I have a hobby my hobby is books" Allison said. 

"Just books?"

"Yeah, you know. selling them, reading them, buying them, smelling them" 

"You smell your books?" Her mother asked. 

"Yeah, they smell good. When I open a new box of books when i get them its great" Allison said.

"Do you ever think about how your grandparents would react if they heard half of the stuff you say?" Lorelai asked. 

"Grandpa would understand he had me sniff my first book." Allison said. 

"You succumbed to the peer pressure. Wow Allison, I thought you were stronger than that" Lorelai joked and the two laughed. 

"Max understands. and I'm sure Rory would understand to ask her."  

" Sorry I can't she's in her room with Paris they're working on her WPM." 

"I knew it had gotten colder" Allison joked and Lorelai laughed. 

"Where's Max tonight?" Lorelai asked.

"Grading papers. we decided he would just come up tomorrow night and stay for the weekend." Allison said. 

"Thats nice"

"Yeah"

"someone's calling can I let you go?" Lorelai asked. 

"Sure" Allison said "Love you." 

"Love you kid" Lorelai said and took the other call.

"Hey" Allison said as she walked up to max and gave him a quick kiss. 

"Hey" he said smiling at her. 

"If everybody could please take their seats well begin that includes all the members of the debate team" A woman announced. 

"Where do you want to sit?" Max asked because he knew she wouldn't want to sit up front.

"Back please" she said, and he found them two empty seats. 

The two watched as everyone took their seats.

"Uh oh" Allison whispered. 

"What?" Max asked. 

"Thats brad he's terrified of Paris he's not gonna do well" Allison said kind of laughing. 

"Why are you laughing?" Max asked, "I don't even "remember him."