6: Monster hunting

S1 Ep5: The flea and the acrobat

Nancy picked up one of Mikes old baseball bats from the garage and gave it a few swings.  Y/n sat on the wheelers car, bored out of his mind. The fox mask had been placed around the side of his head for any quick use.

"Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa" Steve ducked under a swing that would've probably gave him a concussion.

"What are you doing here?" Nancy recovers from the shock of almost hitting her boyfriend square in the head.

"What are you doing?" Steve counters with his own question. He spares a glance at Y/n but doesn't may much mind.

"I was thinking about joining softball. That's why I was, yknow" Nancy imitates the swinging move she just did.

"Well, um. Im really sorry. I mean, even before you threatened me with the baseball bat.

As the two continued to converse Y/n felt some type of emotion bubble up inside his chest. As Steve moved closer he could only feel the emotion rising more.

Taking a glance at the mask he turned away from two and put it on.

"Jealousy. And you reek of it" Masako says the moment he puts it on.

"Jealousy?" Y/n asks quietly.

"You feel close to Nancy do you not? After all that she's done for you. You can't help but feel jealous when others get even a sliver of that attention. But don't worry, it happens to everyone" Masako explains through the mask. Y/n hums before taking it off and returning back to the world.

Nancy politely tells Steve off, not willing to tell him that some extra dimensional monster had killed her best friend and she is now planning on killing it.

"I don't like him" Y/n yawns as he lays on the car once more. Nancy let's out a small laugh before going back to swinging the bat.

•••••••••••

"Leave me alone!" Zero yells. Brenner is shot back into a wall, breaking a few of the slabs there.

Zeros hand in covered in electricity and fire making a deadly combo.

"I don't need your help for anything! I can do it by myself!" Zero yells in anger. The top of Brenners head slowly started to bleed and flow down his face. Multiple assistants run over to help the head scientist.

"Sooner or later, you'll come back to me. Ice him" Brenner orders. 2 guards walk over and knock Zero over the back of the head. In his waking moments he is easily tossed into a very cold room with a metal door now sealed shut.

Freezing wind comes in through the vents and stays put inside the room, making ice started to form on the walls and floor. Huddling into a corner Zero curls up into a ball to save as much body heat as possible.

"Now stay in there until you've learned your lesson" A very weak Brenner says before cutting the communication off and leaving Zero freezing in the dark.

•••••••••

Gun shots fired in the wilderness as Jonathan did his pitiful attempt to shoot some cans not too far in the distance.

"You're supposed to hit the cans, right?" Nancy asks. Jonathan looks over to see Nancy walking over with Y/n close by her side.

"Who's this?" Jonathan lifts his hand up at Y/n and looks at Nancy for an answer.

"Our ace" She smirks and takes the gun from Jonathan. "Whatever that thing is, will regret messing with Hawkins" Nancy carefully aims at the cans and closes one eye. Using her good eye she lines up the shot and blasts the can right off the stump.

After a few minor arguments
(Nancy and Jonathan) the three found themselves wandering around the forest in the dead of night.

Finding a dear on the floor Jonathan steps up to put it out of its misery. Stepping back he points the revolver at the dears head and just as he's about to pull the trigger the dear is pulled back into the bushes.

Splitting up Y/n and Nancy follow the trial of the now probably dead dead to a hollowed out tree. Setting down her bag Nancy goes in first with a very frightened Y/n behind her.

"Walk back. Very slowly" Nancy motioned as they stepped inside. There it was, the monster was having the dead as a light snack but roared at the pair when Nancy stepped on a twig.

Booking it Nancy grabbed Y/n and tried to get away from the monster as quickly as possible.

Taking shelter behind a tree Y/n noticed the gate only a few trees away. The only thing bad about that was the monster guarding it.

"Go. I'll stall" Y/n said. Giving no time for Nancy to argue Y/n ran out of the tree and started yelling at the monster.

It let out that same blood curdling screeched and hurled itself at Y/n, looking for a tasty meal.