New job

"So you are going to drop your dream job for your uncle who you barely even see?"
Theo my fiancé ask sitting in the bed watching as I packed my suitcase.

"He is the only family I have left Theo,"
"And just because I have a great job here in Paris doesn't mean it's my dream job,"
"I have been working my ass off since I moved here 6 years ago,"
"I think I deserve a little break."
"Being a personal chef is a much easier job."
"And I actually missed California a lot."
"And even though the job is only for a few months I'll return to Paris after the match in April."
I said looking at Theo.

"And who's the boxer you're going to be cooking for?"
"Do you even know him?"
"I heard professional boxers are crazy and they have terrible temper."
"Those guys gets hit in their head more often than normal, they aren't mentally right."
Theo said making me burst out laughing.

"Theo my entire family was boxers even I used to box before I came to Paris."
"Am I crazy?"
"And even though I'm not sure who the guy is,"
"I am ashamed to say I haven't been keeping up in the boxing sport recently,"
"Actually since I moved to Paris I lost track in everything boxing."
"But I know for sure is he has a very big match coming up and my uncle insists that I be his chef."
I said looking at Theo as I zip my suitcase placing it on the floor.

"And what about our wedding?"
"It's in May and you haven't even started preparations,"
"we don't have a venue and haven't even started looking for dresses."
He said while helping me carry my suitcase downstairs because my cab will be here soon.

"Don't worry Theo,"
"I'll take care off everything when I get back."
I said giving him a hug as my car arrived.

I looked back at Theo as my car drove off I have to admit I'm not feeling guilty for leaving like I was expecting myself to be.
I was actually feeling anxious,
Anxious to head back home to California,
I can't wait to rekindle my relationship with my old friends and especially with the guys at the boxing gym.
After my parents died they were the closest thing I had to family, the guys at the gym and my uncle Joe literally raised me.
I just can't wait to get home and get back into my old routine.