New life

Two months later.
Aluna POV.

I got up switching off my alarm rolling over looking at the beautiful blue ocean, A view that I have been waking up to for the past two months, past two lonely but peaceful months

A view that I have been waking up to for the past two months,
past two lonely but peaceful months.
I took a deep breath inhaling the fresh ocean breeze rolling out off bed.
Im currently living in a beautiful villa in a little village in Paros Island Greece.
Living here has been nice, a month after I got situated in my new place I opened a small cafe, literally right downstairs my villa.
I named it Belle Ame' which is beautiful soul in French.
The cafe overlook the beautiful Paros ocean,
my menu consists of American/French food which makes it a hotspot for many tourists who visits.
I have always had a dream to open my own cafe,
I have made the dream reality here in Greece but It's a shame though that I have no one to share my accomplishments with.

I have always had a dream to open my own cafe,I have made the dream reality here in Greece but It's a shame though that I have no one to share my accomplishments with

Cafe

But the cafe isn't the only thing I accomplished her,
A week off moving there I quickly made friends with the local people who welcomed me with open arms.
I told them about my family history in boxing and they insisted that I open a gym for the kids in the village in which I refused many time but after their constant asking and even giving me a space for free not too far from where my cafe was, I decided to do it,
I opened a boxing gym offering free training for the kids on weekends.
When I'm not in the cafe, I spent most of my free time in the gym.
I have to admit I enjoy seeing how invested the kids are in the sport.
I know I promised myself that I wouldn't step foot into the ring or have anything to do with boxing but seeing the joy I bring to those kids faces really warms my heart.
I'm currently training a little girl named Lidia who I believe has some true potential in the sport.
Living here has shown me how different life can be if you just slow down and take a deep breath.
But as happy and relaxed I may be when I visit the gym and I open the doors, I think about him.
God I miss him so much, I miss his voice his smile, our little conversations and bickering.
Even though I never contacted him after I left California, I never lost interest in him, I followed his every move via social media, watching his interviews and press conferences leading up to the fight.
Speaking of the fight, I was devastated when he lost,
I heard a rumor that someone from Ryan's camp informed his opponent about his rib injury.
My heart hurts thinking about the day I left,
I imagine how he must have felt.
When he lost the fight for a second I found myself thinking about heading back to California especially after seeing no one from his team was there for him when he lost.
But I decided to stay,
what if he is pissed at me and doesn't want to see me.
I was so shocked to see Joe wasn't by Ryan side at the post fight conference when he needed everyone the most.
I was happy when I reed that Ryan fired him in the news,
he deserved it, the chemistry between them as boxer and trainer was off,
Ryan needs someone better.
He deserves the best and Joe is definitely not in that category.

I hoped out of the bed waking the the bathroom taking a quick shower,
I got changed made myself a cup off coffee,
Then head down to the cafe to start prepping for today.

"Morning Selene."
My worker Elias said waiting at the entrance to the cafe.
Yes, I change my name to Selene when I move here,
I still don't know why I did it but I did.
Selene is actually the name of the moon goddess in Greek mythology, so Aluna and Selene is basically the same thing.

"Why are you so early Elias?"
"You don't take work until 8."
I said looking at him shaking my head smiling,
the guy is probably 65 years old and he has the energy of a 20 year old.

"You know I'm an early bird."
He said smiling sweetly at me,
I met Elias on the third day I came to Greece,
he sold bread on the corner from where I lived to make a living for himself and his granddaughter.
Her parents passed away when she was a baby and he took care of her ever since,
She is 16 years old and a handful,  she actually reminded me of myself when I was her age, stubborn and rebellious.
She sometimes gets on my nerves because she is terrible to her grandfather, but I don't get involved in their family business, I keep to myself.
When I opened my cafe Elias was the first person I turned to when I needed a baker,
other than his bread being delicious he needed a good job, It must have been tiring for a person his age to stand all day in the sun trying to sell bread to make a living.
I remember every evening around sunset when he was about to pack up and leave, I used to visit him and buy whatever bread he has left.
He always used to question why I needed all the bread and I used to jokingly tell him I just love bread, but I used to give it to the homeless people around the village.

I entered the cafe turning on the lights taking a seat at the counter taking a sip of my coffee while strolling through my phone.
The first thing popped up on my phone was a picture of Ryan in Egypt, He always used to say his dream was to visit there, I'm really happy he did, he looks great, he looks happy.

"Is he your friend or?"

"What?"
I asked looking at Elias.

"That boy,"
"you look at his pictures every morning."
He said pointing to my phone.

"No I don't,"
"do I?"
I said putting down my phone, turning on the lights on the display case.

"Who is he?"

"Just a boxer I follow on instagram."
I said walking into the kitchen turning on the oven to start the pastries and bread for breakfast.
Maybe Elias is right, I do look at Ryan pictures every morning, it's like I can't let go off him and I need to.
If I am to move on, I need to let him go.
I took a deep breath walking back to the counter grabbing my phone unfollowing Ryan's instagram.