⋆⋆✧ [7] ✧⋆⋆

Kat never could have guessed that she would ever spend an entire weekend in school, but it was the new normal for her now

She woke up alone again that morning with a note from Wally. She had never received a note or letter from a boy before, so she couldn't stop the butterflies from dancing in her stomach as she opened it. He had nice handwriting, and she noticed the lack of grammatical errors, which was a bonus.

He had gone training on the field for some reason, and her mind immediately went to picturing a topless Wally working out. She tried to ignore it and went in the direction of the locker room, hoping to take a hot shower.

It was the best shower of her life - well, her death. She took her time, thinking about everything that had happened. Was her mother okay? And what about Nat? She thought about her funeral and what Monday would be like, and the day after. When she was about to give in to the anxiety, she remembered the talk she had the night before and immediately felt better. Was Wally serious about doing that quest with her? Some parts of her to-do list were weird or straight out of a romantic comedy. She could never ask him to do that kind of stuff with her, but then, did she want to do that stuff with him?

She had written that list over the years, every time she had seen something she absolutely wanted to do but never had the courage or chance to do it. As she had never had a boyfriend before, she daydreamed about it a lot.

As a hopeless romantic, Kat had had crushes before, especially from movies and books, but not so much from guys she knew. She always fell for the nice guys on TV and not the big pretenders - she was talking about real nice men like Peeta from The Hunger Games, Steve Harrington from Stranger Things, or Percy Jackson (her ultimate favorite). But as she thought about her list and Wally's proposition, she found herself surprised not to be totally against some parts of it. She brushed away that thought. Wally was just being friendly; there was no way he could be into her.

Before heading to the football field, Kat decided to take a walk around the school she was now seeing from a different perspective. "Wait up!" she heard behind her and smiled, recognizing Charley's voice. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

"I'm sorry, I had to take a shower and change," she said, brushing her wet hair with her fingers.

"Nice shirt," he said, noticing the soccer jersey Wally had left for her.

"Thanks, it's better than the cheer croc top, more comfortable." It was oversized, but she liked it, and it was clean. She was actually going to take a look at the lost and found later to find a more appropriate wardrobe, and Charley offered to go with her to introduce her to the rest of the ghosts at the same time.

"Do you know that you're wearing his?" her friend teased her, referring to the name and number on the back. "Oh, shut up," she said. She had actually noticed and it felt somehow intimate, but she refused to see any double meaning other than the kindness of her friend.