⋆⋆✧ [18] ✧⋆⋆

TW : mention of violence, read with caution if you are sensitive

Noah Collins never liked his family.

He was the youngest and the loneliest, and he never felt like he belonged. Over the years, he tried to love them, or at least appreciate them, but his parents weren't really parents. They provided for him and expected things from him, but they never truly raised him. The oldest sibling left as soon as possible, and Noah and Liam were left behind in the coldness of their house. While Noah minded being lonely, Liam adored it, and the two brothers grew apart.

Noah never liked his family, but his resentment for his brother was far worse. He didn't talk much as a kid, but he always watched. He knew something was off with Liam for as long as he could remember, so he knew he was doing the right thing. But he was still hesitant to open his car's door and walk through the police station. All their memories flooded his mind on repeat as he begged himself to just let it go.

If he did the right thing, he would betray his family, his brother. Even if he never loved them, somewhere deep in his heart, they were still dear to him. But if he gave up, he would give up on his own values, on Kat, and on Nathalie. He could never do that. She was everything to him; she felt more like family than any of them ever did.

So he did the right thing.

☾⋆

While Noah was at the police station, Nathalie had to keep an eye on Clara. Noah had made her promise not to do anything stupid that could put her in danger. "Of course not," she had replied, with the intention of doing just that. Clara couldn't get away with it. Even if she didn't know what "it" was, she was about to find out.

The winter sun had begun to set, and decorations were set up on the field. Nat texted Noah again, but he didn't reply. His deposition was taking some time, but she was sure it wasn't easy. She wanted to go with him, but he had convinced her that it was something he needed to do alone, and she understood. So for now, she was watching the routine from the bleachers. She had completely given up on it as it was their thing. She could never do it again without Kat, and all she could look at was Clara, her blood boiling in her veins.

She got her phone and decided to text Clara without thinking. She had to know the truth, and she would get it with the oldest trick in the book. She would record everything with her phone, simple enough.

As soon as the cheerleaders got off the field, Nathalie stood up and made her way through the crowd, fixated on Clara. Clara must have felt Nat's glare because she looked up and immediately stared back, but eventually sat down with the other cheerleaders. Nat's intense silent stares poisoned the air until the halftime whistle blew.

They both knew what was going to happen, so when Clara gathered her belongings, Nathalie made her way to the empty parking lot.

☾⋆⋆★⋆⋆☾