⋆⋆✧ [25] ✧⋆⋆

The next few days were a blur

The next few days were a blur. Most of the ghosts left on their own adventures, and soon, only Charley, Wally, and Kat were left at school.

They would leave, of course, eventually, but they had one final mission first. They couldn't leave the stuck ones behind. They managed to release one of them, and now they had a lead on how they could help all the others. Furthermore, Kat had confessed to her friends that she wanted to see her best friend graduate, and they understood.

So, as the weeks went by, they embarked on their new mission. And as months passed and the end of the school year grew closer, they had managed to help almost all of them. They helped the girl from the theater who had a fear of amendments, the group of students stuck on the yard because they had lost nationals, and the girl in the third-floor bathroom.

On the last day of school, Kat graduated next to her best friend. Wally and Charley had planned an entire ceremony just for them. They all dressed up and pretended to go up on the stage. They even made fake diplomas for the "best ghost of the 2023 class." All the glitter that Wally had put on Kat's piece made her heart melt, and he received the biggest kiss ever. So all the glitter that stuck in his hair for days, even after multiple showers, was worth it.

Kat watched as Nathalie and Noah received their degrees and threw their hats in the air. She saw their genuine smiles and felt relieved. They would be okay.

"Where do we go first, Kit Kat?" she felt the arms of Charley and Wally, both surrounding her as they stood in front of the school, finally ready to leave as well.

"How about we catch the first bus that leaves, then the first train, and so on?"

"I like your thinking," nodded Charley.

And this is how, a few months later, they found themselves in Paris. As Wally kissed Kat under the Eiffel Tower, Charley met a handsome French ghost with dreamy green eyes and a smile full of promises.