♡ [20] ♡

Rhonda never gave a damn about her reputation when she was alive, and it didn't change after death

Rhonda never gave a damn about her reputation when she was alive, and it didn't change after death. She was grumpy, and she knew it, but she always enjoyed school dances, and she didn't hide her excitement when Kat came to find her in the school theater.

She was already scrolling through different dresses, debating between a wine red color and, to no one's surprise, a black one. "The red one would look so good on you!" She looked up at her friend, not even trying to hide her grin. "Yeah, I know, I wore it last year already," and still, it was her favorite. And it had pockets.

"And who is your date for tonight?" Kat asked with a malicious smile. The girl had noticed some weird interactions between Rhonda and Dawn, but she didn't want to make any assumptions about her friend's love life.

"No one," she smiled back, but it didn't reach her eyes. "Why not? There are like 40 ghosts in this school ! No one good enough for you?"

"No one that cares."

She sighed, setting the dress next to her before settling on a velvet couch, watching Kat brush different options with her hand. "You mean -" Kat hesitated, not wanting to push her, but Rhonda was no fool. "Come on, Kitty Cat, spill the beans."

"Well, I know I'm new here, but you and Dawn," she was avoiding her eyes but finally looked at her when she added, "you used to be a thing, right?"

Rhonda finally growled, covering her face with her hands. "Girls have needs," she finally replied, making them both laugh. "But you like her?"

"If you tell anyone, I'll kill you, again."

The joke made Kat laugh even harder. "I knew it!"

"What happened?"

"Well, she was always weird and too clingy, too quick. Kinda scared me, so I kinda pushed her away. And we never spoke about it again. Then she began her weird fixation on the hallway, and you know how I feel about it, so I just-" she didn't finish her sentence, but both girls looked at each other with understanding.

"do you regret it ?"

She didn't respond, nor did she need to because her face said it all. "Let's talk about you and Wally." She extended the pronunciation of his name with a smirk, making Kat blush a little. "About that, I wanted to ask you something."

"Shoot."

"Can ghosts have like... you know."

"I'm not sure I follow, Kitty cat."

The blood rushed to her cheeks, so red it was maroon when she spoke again, nearly whispering, "Sex."

At that question, Rhonda laughed so hard Kat could see tears forming at the corners of her eyes. "Are you asking me if ghosts can have sex?"