⋆⋆✧ [19] ✧⋆⋆

When the headmaster's announcement came to an end, Kat and Nat both sighed in relief

Nat because she wouldn't be the center of attention and the reason for the cancellation of the dance, and Kat because she would be able to honor her and Wally's date.

The arrests of Liam and Clara were held as private as possible not to disturb the students, but everybody knew. Nat had caught stares from everyone all morning and was contemplating running away from the school grounds. But she had promised her parents she would stay at school and be surrounded by people for their sake. So, she made a compromise and went up on the roof. She didn't know why she had chosen this spot, maybe because she needed to be completely alone and needed some space from everything.

Kat had had the same idea when she woke up and found her best friend sitting in the same spot she used to sit every Wednesday night when she was alive. She sat down next to her, her invisible hand a few centimeters from Nat's as they both stared at the cloudy sky.

"There is no sun today," Nat muttered in silence.

"It's okay," replied Kat, even if Nat couldn't hear her.

"I wish I could have said so much more to you," Nat's voice broke a little and she held her breath. "I miss you. I love you, forever and I hope you're okay. Wherever you are. I hope you still think of me."

Kat squeezed Nat's hand in hers, hoping for her to feel something, anything, to at least comfort her.

"I love you Nathalie."

"I love you Katherine."

They both said it at the same time, and it was like Nat's heart got suddenly lighter, warmer. The tears of sadness turned into something a little different, relief and hope.

Wally had gone to find Kat and he found the girls on the roof. He just leaned onto the wall next to the door, his heart full of love and admiration for the girls who had been through so much. He was soon joined by Noah, who looked as if he had been looking everywhere for her. He stayed a second behind, not wanting to interrupt Nat's cries, and Wally turned his face to him.

"You better take care of her."

The other boy couldn't hear him, but he still felt the warning deep down in his mind and smiled. He wasn't planning on ever letting her go anyway.

Kat finally rose to her feet when she spotted Noah, and as he loomed closer, she walked past him, joining Wally. She couldn't hide her smile, especially when his was so big as he kissed the side of her hair.

"She's going to be okay," she stated, feeling her heart clench in her chest.

"What now, Kit Kat?" asked Wally as they intertwined their hands.

"Well, now we found a way to get out of school," he laughed, and she added, "but first, I need to get ready for tonight," she winked as they made their way downstairs. She went to look for Rhonda to get ready together.

He kissed her slowly, smiling against her lips, "I can't wait to see you in your dress, Kit Kat."

☾⋆⋆★⋆⋆☾

Noah stayed silent as he sat down next to Nat. He just held her hand and waited for her to settle against him, letting him hug her from behind. He placed a kiss on her hair. When she finally stopped crying, she lifted her head to his.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything, sweetheart." He was ready to do anything for her, especially to make her smile. But he hadn't expected the nature of her request.

"Would you be my date for tonight?" He couldn't help but laugh as he had been wondering all morning if he could ask her the same thing.

"Are you sure you're up for this?" He rubbed his thumb against her hand as she nodded. "I bought this dress during the summer with Kat. She said it was perfect for the dance and she couldn't wait for us to go – so I just – I'm going."

"Okay," he sighed. "But you just ruined my perfect proposal. I was going to play music outside your window, and bring flowers and – ahhh." His dramatic response made Nat laugh so hard she wiped tears as she got up. "It's okay, you can still do it." He got up too, placing his arms around her waist as she got on her tiptoes.

"And there is still prom night and every date we'll go to."

"Oh really, you're already planning so far?"

He brushed his nose against hers. "Are you not?" she teased.

"Oh baby, you have no idea what you just got into. It's a forever deal."

"Is that a dare, Noah?"

She brushed her hand into his hair, and he finally linked his lips to hers in the sweetest kiss she'd ever experienced.

⋆☾⋆

heyyy

sorry for the short chapter i just spent two days discovering my Tax class for a final that is this afternoon. i nedeed to take a break for my calculator so here you goooo

next chapter is prom yeahhhhh

bye bye 🐝