⋆⋆✧ [21] ✧⋆⋆

Kat couldn't look away from Wally

Kat couldn't look away from Wally. This man would be the death of her. With sunglasses on his nose and extreme confidence in himself, he was dancing like no one was watching.

And even though no one alive was, the rest noticed him. Dancing without shame in a crowded room had always been on her bucket list, but she'd always believed she could never fulfill it, until him.

He loomed closer and held out a hand after tossing his sunglasses in the air, maintaining his gaze right into hers. It was a dangerous one, so sweet yet so intense, full of promises. So she took it and found herself in his embrace.

"I don't know how to dance," he laughed at this.

"Because you think I know?" he brushed her hand with a kiss. "Nobody cares, Kit Kat." He placed another kiss on her cheek.

"You're fearless, remember?"

The music suddenly became slow, and she sighed in relief. "Looks like you're off the hook for now," she tried to step back, but he drew her closer with a firm arm locked against her waist, taking her hand in his. "I never said you could flee from me."

His smile made her heart miss a few beats. The dimly lit room and the couples slow dancing around them made the background reassuring, and as she looked at him, she felt safe. She pressed her body against his as she let him lead the movements. He wasn't fooling her; this man knew how to move his body.

They swayed to the slow rhythm of the song, their embrace almost feeling like a hug as she rested her head on his chest, breathing in his scent. He smelled like a summer night, and she closed her eyes.

"Is it redundant?" she asked.

"What?" he replied.

"Going to this dance every year. Does it ever get boring?"

He held her even tighter, brushing his thumb against her back. "I have a feeling death isn't going to be so boring anymore."

She let out a chuckle. "I've never felt more alive than with you, Wally Clark."

At her words, his entire body became lighter; he never even realized it was so tense to begin with. She looked up to meet his eyes, and his gaze softened.

"I have to confess something to you, Kat."

She nodded, waiting.

"You are the strongest, smartest, most gentle force of a woman I've ever met. Since the first time I saw you, I just knew it had to be you. No one else, just you. Forever you."

In that instant, it was like the outside world had disappeared. All Kat could see, hear, and sense was him. "Wally," she replied in a whisper.

"I am in love with you," he said the words slowly, blushing and his eyes filled with an expression so powerful Kat lost the ability to speak. So she did the next best thing, she kissed him. It was a gentle kiss at first, her lips soft against his, but Wally was insatiable and deepened the kiss.