⋆⋆✧ [11] ✧⋆⋆

The day of the game – one week ago

Nathalie Nellark's parents always believed that their daughter was special, as any other parents usually do.

They'd always say that she could sense when something good or bad was going to happen. Her mother had called her "her little fortune-teller," but Nat never believed those bullshits until the day her best friend died.

That day, she woke up with a sore neck and a bloody nose, needless to say, she would be having a bad day. As she parked her car poorly, she almost ran over the last person she wanted to see right now and closed her eyes in disbelief as she tried to hide behind her wheel. She heard two soft knocks on her car's window and, grabbing her bag, she opened the door and rushed towards the school entry. "Wait up!" she heard the boy over her shoulder, refusing to turn around. "Go away Noah, I'm sorry, okay?"

He was faster than her as he rushed to her side to open the door for her, blocking her way for a second. "Listen, sweetheart, I know you don't like me that much, but could you wait until at least third period before trying to kill me?"

She sighed, passing under his arms as he leaned over the open door, and ran away in the direction of the girls' locker room. "You can't follow in here, Noah!"

"Don't tempt me," he replied.

Why was he always there when she was having a bad day, she wondered. Noah was Liam collins's brother, and Liam was the dumbest douchebag she'd ever met. Always forcing for a relationship with her best friend who clearly gave no fudge about him.

And as for Noah... well, let's just say she made the mistake of fangirling over him once a few years ago, and she would not make that mistake twice.

She heard Kat's voice before even opening the door, singing to that same song again, and she smiled when she entered in silence, watching her dance. She and Kat were polar opposites, with her long straight hair and amazing body, sparks flew whenever Kat laughed. She and Nat were it - soul sisters, best friends forever who would go to college together, sipping mojitos, meeting cute guys, and living their best girl bosses' lives. Only one year to go.

But as she was thinking about that, she felt like a rock sitting in her chest, leaving her mouth dry with anxiety. She chose to ignore this feeling and finally spoke up, making her friend jump in surprise.

"Someone is on fire today!" she turned to her and replied. "And someone is fine as hell, as always."

They fell into each other's arms like they had just returned from a two-week trip when they had actually spent the evening together doing their nails while watching "Doom at Your Service" (again).

As Nat was putting on her cheer uniform, the unpleasant feeling suddenly came back, so badly that she had to say something.

"I'm not feeling it tonight," she muttered in her friend's direction.

'Why not?' Kat asked.

'I don't know,' she replied, 'just a bad feeling.'"

As the day inevitably dragged on, Nat walked into the cafeteria looking for her friend, only to catch side of Noah, for the second time today. She really could not wait for that day to be over.

"Someone can't keep their eyes off you," Kat said as she took Nat's arm and led them to an empty table soon to be filled with the entire cheer and football team. "I don't know what you're talking about," Nat lied.

"Come on, look at the way he looks at you!"

"Trust me, girl, you just need glasses."

"Na, no way, my girl looks better without it!" replied an agitating, annoying voice.

"Great," Nat said, watching Ken's blond lookalike settle next to Kat. "Don't call me that," she responded as annoyed as she was.

"Baby, I know you love me."

Nat mimicked throwing up, and Kat rolled her eyes in embarrassment.

"How is my angel doing today?" Liam asked. "It's not like you care," Kat whispered so low that she was sure no one could hear her. But Nat did. She still didn't understand why Kat wouldn't break up with the guy. Sure, her mother was awful, but Kat deserved to make her own choice. At least that's what she kept telling her.

Liam's phone buzzed, and he quickly hid it under the table. Nat cringed, having a vague idea of who was texting him, and she was right because a few seconds later Clara appeared, Nat's least favorite person right after Liam and just before Noah. "Great," she thought again as the girl gave her friend a hot cup of coffee. "Here, looks like you need it," she plastered a fake, too-large smile on her face, making Nat nauseous. "Your eyes look very tired today!" she added, but Kat wasn't paying attention anymore.

"And your hair is very dry, you should consider changing your conditioner!" Nat replied to the redhead girl, hitting right where it hurts.

As the game approached, Nat's bad feeling only grew bigger, so much so that she felt nauseous and a little dizzy. "Maybe you should skip this one," said her friend, who was in the same state, if not worse. "Speak for yourself. Maybe we should just go home, Kat." Even the coach had agreed, asking them if they wanted the others to replace them tonight. Nat had nodded in relief, afraid that the nausea was a symptom of early period cramps. But Kat had gently declined after speaking to the devil herself, also known as her mother.

So, when the routine began, Nat stayed on the bench, shivering not only from the cold but also from something else, something she couldn't describe yet.

She watched as her friend began the choreography. It felt like she was on another planet, not giving much energy to her movements. Nat's heart was pounding in her chest now; she couldn't hear anything else but the pounding sound of her heart and her shaky breathing. She was having a panic attack.

She just knew she had to stop the routine right now. But, as she stood up with shaky hands, she watched in horror as Kat's body was thrown in the air, and it was already too late.

Kat would never walk out of the field.

⋆☾⋆

I know it's supposed to be a Wally's fanfic, but I'm having so much fun writing this, I want to explore Nat's life as well. As for Noah, I'm the biggest fan of The Society, so I had to cast this guy:

 As for Noah, I'm the biggest fan of The Society, so I had to cast this guy:

Hope you still like it!

Bye bye 🐝