Chapter 1 - Prologue

When we feel life can't be even worse than now, the world will try to prove us wrong. At least it is so for my life. I grew up in a broken home family, with an alcoholic gambling bastard as the father and a sickly weak mother.

My mother is someone who you call cursed. she is a weak pushover and prone to bullying. Her weak trait makes her an easy target for bullies of all kinds of trash, from swindlers to street thugs.

Despite this she manages to survive, I am amazed at her life tenacity. That's why she gets an alcoholic gamble package as a husband. While I as her child get the short end of the stick.

My family is poor, my father is a bastard and my mother is sickly. My mother used to be healthy, But one day when she goes to the grocery store there happen to be a pickpocketer carrying a poisoned knife running on the street and my mother unfortunately gets her left hand grazed with the knife.

Someone who heard of this story will think that this is some kind of drama fiction story, But I can assure you it really happens. Someone can get this unlucky in any circumstance, and this experience makes me more sensitive to my surrounding. I can learn many things from my mother's experience because you will never know when life will become a bitch.

In short, since she gets poisoned, her health deteriorates little by little even though we have neutralized the poison.

Actually, my mother is very kind to me, she always takes care of me. I love my mother. She always helped me and tried to protect me whenever my father gets abusive.

It happens when I am twelve years old. Bald and muscled debtor come to our house demanding my family pay father's debt. At first, it comes as a light warning. Eventually, it becomes more and more terrifying, the debtor sometimes crushes our furniture as warnings.

I as a good child try to salvage our family, I am always wondering why my father always loses the gamble. So one day I persuaded my father to take me to the casino with him. Observing the gambling process.

It is disastrous. My father is a fool, he doesn't even realize he is cheated. At first, the opponent will let him win a few rounds, when my father gets drunk on his wins they will cheat an even higher amount of money from him. If you wondered how they cheat, then I will explain the process.

There is a CCTV camera right behind my father's chair, He sat on one open chair as the other three are already sitting by the other three people. I can see someone on another game counter giving signals from my father's blind spot.

For the blackjack game, I can't help but admit the dealer is a terrifying opponent. He is skilled and really professional, from what I observed, he can read microexpressions and body gestures of his opponent to make the best judgment.

You might think the roulette game can't be cheated, but this casino will prove you wrong. This casino house is satan's followers, they can manipulate their roulette machines. Although I can't find their trick as I can't get near the machine to check it. But I am sure the ball always goes to the dealer's intended spot.

I think the only "REAL" games on the casino house are the slot machines. Although there are also possibilities of it being rigged. So when I go home I researched the tips and tricks for gambling, during the research I also watch Kakegurui anime and It opens many new possibilities in my brain.

Long story short, I stole 50000 yen from my father and take it to the gambling house bringing my neighbor, Paul. Paul is 20 years old university student living in the same building as me. Because the building is very cheap to rent, the disadvantage is the lax security. Anyway, I need Paul's ID to enter the gambling house.

Taking Paul to another gambling house, I managed to win 200000 yen. It is not bad to be careful, so I immediately take Paul out of the Casino, calling a cab. After getting onto the cab, my tense body relaxed and I breathe in relief.

"Amazing!! you manage to get 3x profit from this." Paul gave me a gaze of admiration.

"Beginner's luck I guess." I take ten thousand yen from my purse and give it to Paul. "Take it. Thank you for accompanying me today, I hope you can also accompany me next time."

"Of course!!"

When I go home, I immediately put fifty thousand yen back into my father's purse. Since that day I managed to gamble many times, amassing quite a fortune of five million yen. I always go to a casino one time, and never go to the same casino house twice. That's how I managed to survive.

It might seem like I was very lucky that year, But the truth is, It is not. My mother got a heart attack when I was out in the Casino. Because there is no one to help her at home, she died.

When I am very shaken up by my mother's death, my father didn't fail to meet my expectation, He run away from home. Leaving me with thirty million in debt. I don't want to take responsibility for something that I did not do. So I make a plan to get out of this situation. I browsed the photo of missing children of my age, looking for a girl that looks similar to me, Her house is in Hokkaido and she has been missing for 4 years.

I intend to take plastic surgery to make me look the same as her, I take the surgery at Tokyo, Forging my father's sign. I also hire someone in Tokyo to pretend as my father. It is just small surgery as her face looks similar to mine.

After finishing my preparation, I go to Hokkaido. Appeared in front of her parent's on the street by chance. Well, they fall for it.

I just said that I am an orphan that lost my memories. They are convinced I am their daughter. As it is four years after their daughter missing, so some voice or appearance difference is normal.

My life after that is bliss. My parents are kind and I didn't need to get worried about money. With normal life, I picked up many kinds of hobbies. Watching Anime, reading light novels, taking self-defense and martial arts lessons, and playing music instruments.

The reason why I take them? Of course because of anime influence. Shinichi makes me take violin, and Ayanokouji sparks my interest in self-defense and piano. All is good until meet my blood father by chance on my university club trip to Kyoto.

Guess what? My father is captured by his debtor and needs to work at an oil mine to pay his debt bit by bit. My father runs up to me, I think he wants to take me to his debtor to let me replace him at oil mine. I quickly run, I didn't want to ruin my life.

then...

Oh shit...

Truck kun came.