Chapter 9 - Uncertainty

It feels like forever since the last time I played my violin. 

I held the violin delicately in my hands, my fingers gliding effortlessly along the strings. As I drew the bow across them, a symphony of enchanting melodies filled the air, carrying the listeners away on a whimsical journey.

I closed my eyes, shutting out the world around me as if being transported to a realm where only music existed. The violin became an extension of my being.

Whenever I play time seemed to stand still, my music enveloped the room, I slowly open my eyes and lowered my bow.

Inside the depths of my heart, I find solace in the captivating melodies that flow through my violin. The instrument becomes an extension of my very being, a vessel through which I can pour out the emotions that swirl within me.

There are times when anxiety, guilt, despair, and negative emotions creep into my being, that's why every time I played the violin I can feel it, a ray of hope flickers amidst the darkness. Each note holds the promise of a brighter tomorrow.

The moment my restless mind threatens to consume me, the music wraps around me like a warm embrace. 

The memories of today's events remain vivid and alive in my mind as if they happened only moments ago.

------//------

"Ne~ Don't you think Horikita-san is too obnoxious?"

"I know, right? She acts all aloof and distant like she's too important to make friends. It's so frustrating."

"She's just too arrogant to bother with us. Who does she think she is, anyway?"

"She didn't want to talk with anyone in the class besides Ayanokouji-kun. It's like she's purposely isolating herself."

"Please don't talk like that everyone. I'm sure Horikita-san has her own reasons." Kikyo tried to defend Horikita.

"I think that's just the way Horikita is. She didn't strike me as a social type. So we don't need to think much about her. I'm sure she will mingle eventually." I tried to ease the tensions.

"Seriously, what's her problem?"

"It's such a shame, though. We could have hung out together and made her feel welcome, but she seems determined to keep her distance." Kikyo looked so sad.

"You don't need to be sad Kikyo-chan." The girls tried to cheer her up.

Considering Horikita's attitude it's no wonder the girls feel impatient. She always dismisses everyone who tried to get closer to her and the way she rejects everyone is very rude. Even though rejecting in a politer way won't cost her anything.

The school bell rings indicating the end of the class.

"Yuri-chan, Kikyo-chan do you want to stop by a cafe on the way home?"

"Yes, let's go! Which you guys want to go?"

"Un, let's go! Ah, but wait a bit. I want to ask one more person."

I took a grab of Kikyo's wrist before she walks."You want to invite Horikita?"

"Yes! Let's have fun together."

"I think she's more annoyed than she is grateful to be invited. One look at her face and you will know she hates your invitation. Don't you think she will feel repulsed if you keep pressing her like this?"

Her face turning increasingly gloomy with each passing second "I...I just want to be friends with Horikita."

Now I appear as the antagonist in this scenario. Great.