Chapter 15 - Embarassing Moments :')

It has been five days since the agreement with Sudou. I spend half an hour teaching him, while the remaining half hour is devoted to problem-solving. My primary focus is on instructing him in the material covered in the tests I obtained from upperclassmen.

Sudou did ask me why he should study this subject, but I explained to him that the test might cover another subject outside the material given by Sae-sensei. Additionally, he has already studied with Horikita, so there is no need for me to duplicate the same material.

At the moment, I find myself seated in the cafe, enjoying a meal of pasta. However, the scene in front of me is rather cliché, sending shivers down my arms.

"Koenji-kun, say 'aah~'"

"Haha~! Older girls are definitely better~"

Despite encountering this scene numerous times before, I must admit, I still struggle to become accustomed to it. How did I end up in this situation, you might wonder?

"I've noticed you've been acting a bit suspicious lately," Koenji suddenly chimed in from the seat behind me, calmly filing his nails.

I turned around, taken aback. "Suspicious? What do you mean, Koenji-chan~?" I responded, trying to keep my tone light and playful.

He chuckled, a hint of knowing in his gaze. "You've been rather occupied these days, spending time with Sudou and tutoring him. It's not characteristic of you to take such an active interest in helping others."

I smirked, leaning back comfortably. "Ah, so you've been observing me, have you? Perhaps I simply felt like embracing a little change."

"No, but someone as astute as me notices everything, even from a distance. I've known you for years, and while you may have appeared suspicious on occasion, it's been even more pronounced since we enrolled here. Care to share if I'm mistaken?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Maybe? I don't know, I believe I've been following my usual routine."

Koenji rose from his seat, heading toward the exit. "You've been quite active lately, even more proactive than before. You've even formed friendships with girls, considering the middle school incident."

I fell into step beside him as we strolled towards the cafe. "The girls of Class D are good people, even if they're gals. It's not like you to take that judgment."

"Fufufu, attempting to change the subject won't deter me. I understand your intentions."

"Alright, hypothetically speaking, what's your theory then?"

"I've noticed you've been closely involved with Ayanokouji, Horikita, and Kushida. Particularly Ayanokouji. Have you fallen for him? But that seems unlikely; I can't discern any quality in him that would captivate you. Your fixation on him is puzzling. Besides, I find the notion of you falling for someone quite absurd. Why? Because you haven't succumbed to my charm all this time."

Damn, Koenji is always so sharp, even if his narcissism sometimes clouds his accuracy. 

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Well, if you observe him, you might find him interesting."

"I don't divert my attention away from the ladies. Men, in my opinion, aren't worth my precious time."

Eventually, we arrived at the cafe, where a few one-san is waiting at the corner occupying a sofa seat. Koenji confidently strutted towards them in catwalk mode.

"Fufufu, my kittens have gathered." he announced with an air of grandiosity.

He took a seat on the sofa, and I followed suit, settling into a chair nearby.