Chapter 11 - Distorted Reality

It's the end of the month. Without I realize it's already a month after the school ceremony. The students in the class have mingled forming their own group.

The one who I hang out with the most without a doubt is Kikyo, rather than sticking to one group we mingle with every group in the class. Although I limit my interaction with Ike's group as less as possible besides Kiyo of course.

Hirata and Kei's relationship has also sailed. There is quite an uproar when the news is out. Many girls in class D get their hearts broken. But, since the girl in question is Kei, the girls can only give up. 

Ike and Yamadead have the biggest reaction,  they didn't hide their enviousness of Hirata at all, making Hirata feels awkward sometimes. Hirata being Hirata always want harmonious student life and somewhat manages to bear with them.

Last week Chabasira Sensei gave us a short test. The test has 20 questions, the first 17 questions are easy at the middle school level while the last three questions are at the university level. Of course, I answer it perfectly. Although it might raise the average bar for Sudou.

Yesterday Kikyo kindly invite Ike Yamauchi and Kiyo to the mall together with Kei, Hirata, Mori, and Matsushita. During the time Ike asked a few questions like whether Kei and Hirata really going out, whether Kikyo and I have boyfriends etc.

Kiyo didn't talk much during the trip, He even walked further behind everyone, since I also didn't have the mood to talk with anyone, I walked beside Kiyo. We are quiet without making conversation during the walk. Even so, I didn't feel uncomfortable at all. 

Today is the first day of May and as expected I didn't see any of my points increasing.  Regardless, it is not something I am worried about. Points are not my point of concern. Class D students also realize this but they just brush it off, waiting for the class to begin.

Chabasira Sensei entered the classroom with a very serious expression. 

"Sensei~, are you in menopause?" Ike considerately asks her.

"Alright, morning homeroom is starting. Are there any questions before we start? If there's something on your mind, feel free to speak up"

"Um, I checked my point balance this morning, and no points were deposited. Weren't they supposed to be provided on the first day of the month, every month? I was impatient because I couldn't buy the juice I wanted."

"Hondou, I explained it before, didn't I? Points are wired to students' accounts on the first day of the month, every month. They were wired without any problems this month as well"

"Uh, but... I didn't get any points."

"... Are you guys really that stupid?"

"Stupid? What?"

"Sit, Hondou. I'll explain it again."

"S-sae-chan sensei?"

"Points were deposited. Without fail. The likelihood that this class was left out is very low. Do you understand?"

"No, even if I say I do understand, we haven't received our points..."

"Hahaha, I see, it was like that, teacher. I've understood this riddle now." Koenji-chan put his feet on the table with his usual smug face. "We didn't receive any points because we're in class D."

"Hah? What's that supposed to mean? They said we'd get 100,000 points every month..."

"I don't remember hearing that. Right?"

"Your attitude has some problems, but what Koenji is saying is on the right track. Not many people seem to have noticed my hint. How sad."

Even if we are in this condition Koenji can still smile while I am still calm. We are expecting this situation ever since we enrolled.